Christmas Shopping

In the past, I have actually told people not to buy me certain things as I simply wont wear them. Every year I get the same things from the same place. It mostly gets given to charity. Someone, somewhere, is rocking a new M&S jumper each year who otherwise couldnt afford/get one so that in itself makes me feel ok.

My hubbie and I said to our relatives NO MORE! we won't buy them pressies and they were not to buy us pressies it saves a lot of unwanted items and saves money as well, we now just buy for the children. We did use to spend just a fiver on each other and try to be inventive, but now we don't even do that, just the children get pressies.

I must admit I do kind of miss having a pressie to open but don't tell anyone

Alison

'' Christmas time....mistletoe and wine...children singing christian rhyme''

ALTOGETHER!

I love Christmas.

al. :D

depends how far you are down the humbug scale. If your kids are grown up then I suspect your at the grumpiest of the grumpiest. If your kids are still small enough to believe santa is real then christmas and their faces are good enough reasons to be happy

The other option also is..for many members with so many bikes and projects on the go it's like christmas everyday so they see the actual christmas as nothing out of the ordinary..bah humbug

''With logs on the fire.... and gifts on the tree...''

''It's time to rejoice in the good that we see''

SHUUUUUUUUT UUUUUPP!!!

al. :x

sylus":vpnorw9q said:
depends how far you are down the humbug scale. If your kids are grown up then I suspect your at the grumpiest of the grumpiest. If your kids are still small enough to believe santa is real then christmas and their faces are good enough reasons to be happy

The other option also is..for many members with so many bikes and projects on the go it's like christmas everyday so they see the actual christmas as nothing out of the ordinary..bah humbug

Mine range between 7 and 20, I have four and they have never believed in Santa, I'm not letting some imaginary person take all the credit

I'm well down the humbug scale

al":vpnorw9q said:
''With logs on the fire.... and gifts on the tree...''

No more Cliff Richard, it hurts :D

Alison

Sung to tune of 'Mistletoe and Wine'

Breakfast time
Rise and shine
Children screaming 'no it's mine'
With coffee on the table
And porridge on the floor
Now,is the time to scream for some more

Luncheon time
Cheese and wine
Lots of salad please don't whine
With lettuce on the table
And lettuce on the floor
Now is the time to scream for some more

Dinner time
boiled cabbage it's fine
Children screaming 'no it's slime'!
With ketchup on the table
And ketchup on the floor
Now is the time to scream for some more

Much better than Cliff I reckon and accurately describes meals at mine...

Back