Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

The first method definately works on Torus's. I'm pretty sure bikemeister2000 confirmed it (he used to work at Raleigh SPD).
What's yours?

ishaw":ku5k7gya said:
Ok, trawled through the entire thread and found the following on serials:

A: 1991
B: 1992
C:1993

And so on

Though I saw another post that had a T serial that was 1997/8

Anyone know definitively how these serials work?

The first for Torus's at least.
I'm pretty sure bikemeister2000 confirmed it (he used to work at Raleigh SPD).
What's yours?

Setting myself up for some abuse here but anyone fitted a disc mount to one of the old Dynatech bonded frames ?
I have 92 Diablo which has a very skinny tubed rear end so am I risking putting too much through it with either a clamp on mount or even getting some tabs welded on. The seatstays look to be held on with a small bolt and I know the chainstays are bonded using 20 year old glue so will it just fold up with the first pull on the rear caliper ?! :shock:

Here comes the abuse, why?

If you can't put up with cantilevers go for V's, I use some late XT V's on my Diablo and they are stunning. Don't look too out of place, and won't trash your frame. Use a booster to reduce the flex, made a massive difference to my bike.

Some better Photographs.

My Dynatech MT4
and RSP 250

I'll be replacing the Pace RC35 MXCD with some rigid RC30 forks - once someone sells me one, or I can source one.

Replacing the Smoke and dart with some lightweight Michelin Mountain Dry 2

(will save a couple of lbs or more in weight with these changes)

And the Black Mavic 316 is going to be replaced with a NOS silver polished Mavic 316 I've just bought. As I scratched the Black one up (the surface only) :(

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Clifford":2j5dq6d2 said:
Here comes the abuse, why?

If you can't put up with cantilevers go for V's, I use some late XT V's on my Diablo and they are stunning. Don't look too out of place, and won't trash your frame. Use a booster to reduce the flex, made a massive difference to my bike.

I think thats the sensible and safe option tbh just I have a nice pair of disc only wheels and some spare brakes available so that was guiding my thinking. A BB7 on the front will be good enough paired up with a V on the back just got so used to discs that that awful noise of grit wearing away a rim wall will take some getting used to again.

OK so next question - can I fit some 420mm RC31's to it or is that going to cock up the front end too much ?

ibbz said:
Some better Photographs.

My Dynatech MT4
and RSP 250

I'll be replacing the Pace RC35 MXCD with some rigid RC30 forks - once someone sells me one, or I can source one.

Replacing the Smoke and dart with some lightweight Michelin Mountain Dry 2

(will save a couple of lbs or more in weight with these changes)

And the Black Mavic 316 is going to be replaced with a NOS silver polished Mavic 316 I've just bought. As I scratched the Black one up (the surface only) :(

Some great pics. Great bikes :cool:

Rampage":hsmnq2i7 said:
The first method definately works on Torus's. I'm pretty sure bikemeister2000 confirmed it (he used to work at Raleigh SPD).
What's yours?
Serial is E24567 so I assume this means its a 1994 or 1995?

ishaw":1t60ot21 said:
Serial is E24567 so I assume this means its a 1994 or 1995?

Made in 1994 so either mid/late 1994 or early 1995 model year.
Unfortunately retrobike archive is missing 1994 & 1995 catalogues but hoping to rectify this when I start searching the Raleigh archives held by Nottingham City Council.

Back