Norman Fay Tourer - more touring filth!

Needs mudguards and a faded Carradice saddlebag to complete the look. The white on the head tube sets it off nicely.

Here it is, more filth! 8spd 600 shifters added, rear mech is to be changed sometime, deerhead mech to disappear too but here it is for now...

Attachments

• more norman filth.jpg
    more norman filth.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 772
Nice one LGF.
This is looking increasingly hardcore. There's some seriously low gears on there now. I can see this taking on some nice rough-stuff as well as being loaded up for touring. A few weeks in the Scottish Highlands exploring stalking tracks and quiet back roads would suit it to a tee.

Mark.

daccordimark":38d0rqlu said:
Nice one LGF.
This is looking increasingly hardcore. There's some seriously low gears on there now. I can see this taking on some nice rough-stuff as well as being loaded up for touring. A few weeks in the Scottish Highlands exploring stalking tracks and quiet back roads would suit it to a tee.

Mark.

Been out for a short blustery ride and its great! I'm not sure what led me to create it but I must have seen something I liked out & about and the subconscious took over.

I decided to move it into the indexed era as I then dont have to 'feel' for the gears or look down at the wrong moment. Apart from the 34/ 48t combo, all others are available which was a pleasure when riding through today's floods.

I look forward to the chilly weather rides later. As for Scotland, been there recently and with a carrier, this would be ideal.

Four effing years since I wrote this?? Wtf? Another one for dusting off and taking out for a good spanking. The bike too.

I had some Red S 86mm BCD cranks, thought they looked lovely, also have some NOS Red S levers fitted to my Carlton which i really really love the look of.
My Carlton has gone through 4 or 5 builds including DA 8speed with STIs, I've even popped on some carbon wheels for a laugh. Tryiing to leave it alone now though, think you'll have another fiddle again?
17215763441_b03d7e65f6_c.jpg

Back