Retro full suspension road bike from paris roubaix...

I remeber this bike. Liked the idea. Always though Museeuw got sick of it. Now I find out he had trouble with the pedals.

Is there anyone on here else who will be riding Paris-Roubaix in June? It'll be my 4th and I can't wait. Definitly one of my favourite rides. :twisted:

What happened to the Trek bikes that Motorola were due to ride around the same time? They had suspension forks and the frame was a 'Y' shape like the MTB's, possibly with rear sus too. The UCI wouldn't let them ride them because they were to 'different' from 'normal' bikes. How this Bianchi got through I'm not sure. I think this was one of the early UCI efforts to stop innovation and get back to 'classic' bikes with a triangular frame.

I've been 'googling' and found references to the Trek Y-Foil frames from '98/'99, subsequently banned by UCI. I thought it was earlier than this.

Here's a site with details. Super looking bike, Paris-Roubaix ones had Rock-Shoks and finished in the Motorola colours.

http://johno.myiglou.com/yfoil.html

One of my mates has a Trek like that, in red. I never liked them though. Somehow it just looks like it will break in two.
He's happy with it though.

I can still remember him throwing away his bike. A classic I prefer not to miss watching. I'll be standing at the Orchies-les-Orchies sector next sunday.

Boulder also made a FS road bike, with that tidy "shock in the top tube" design of their off road bikes. Can't find a pic anywhere, though!

Back