Just out of prison.

Thanks for all the comments fellas :cool:
Ive forgot how to quote on here hmmm..... (just seen it top corner doe :roll: )

But the bike Ive been given is 17'' c-t and Im 6'2 with a 33' inside leg so I sort of feel a bit cramped on it? !

BertRoot I used to live on clifton drive In a flat/appartment just down from ashton gdns my old mans the cook in the taps free food an beer for me :p I live in manchester now though.

No work yet looking like Im gona have to get my trowel n shovel out again after xmas.

highlandsflyer":29q3wawd said:
I would bet there is a healthy representation of convicts here on Retrobike, as any other forum.
:)

More than likely, after all, it's the interweb and all life is here ;)
If you get the odd sanctimonious, holier-than-thou comment then just ignore them - they'll get over it.

Cheers Andy, Ive got Rino skin so I think I'll be right ;)
Have you still got your 88/89 Explosif? After my 88 cindercone Im
thinking that could be the next step up for me? whats the main difference
between the two?
Thanks Daz

Hi Daz,

Yes, I've still got my '88 Explosif, although I have from time to time toyed with the idea of selling it. But, they're not worth that much money and do I want to part with a bike that I've had for well over twenty years for the price of a few hundred litres of heating oil or a couple of week's shopping?
No, not really and it would be no good to you anyway - it's far too small.

Mines not remotely original now - it's got Magura HS-33 Raceline brakes, Shimano XT 8 speed drivetrain, Easton EA70 seatpost and stem and Easton Monkeylite carbon bars plus Panaracer Trailraker tyres (tubeless) for the crap conditions we've got here now.
Put it this way, it's not going to appeal to the purist......I don't give a monkey's, it works a lot better this way than it ever did when it was more original and I wish it could have been like this when I was racing it 20-odd years ago.

The main difference between the '88 Cindercone and Explosif is the frame tubing - Tange MTB on the Cindercone and Tange Prestige on the Explosif.
That'll only be the main triangle - no doubt the seat and chain stays are 4130 and the same on both. All I know is that it's a bloody harsh ride in hard dry conditions (remember those?) and the last three hour race that I did on it under those conditions (a couple of years ago) nearly killed me.
I can live with it better when it's soft and wet now, although when I was in my late thirties it never seemed to bother me - bloody old age!

As far as groupsets go, I don't really know - I can't remember what was on the Explosif (Shimano DX ??) but didn't the Cinder have Suntour stuff?

It's (sadly) all too long ago and an old man's memory isn't what it used to be.... :?

I've got some U brake bits and pieces lying around if you ever need them but apart from that all the original stuff has long gone - it just got replaced when it wore out.

Cheers,

Andy.

Re: .

Bpool77":orcsmcl8 said:
Thanks for all the comments fellas :cool:
Ive forgot how to quote on here hmmm..... (just seen it top corner doe :roll: )

But the bike Ive been given is 17'' c-t and Im 6'2 with a 33' inside leg so I sort of feel a bit cramped on it? !

BertRoot I used to live on clifton drive In a flat/appartment just down from ashton gdns my old mans the cook in the taps free food an beer for me :p I live in manchester now though.

No work yet looking like Im gona have to get my trowel n shovel out again after xmas.

Hope all goes well for you mate..takes some b7ll7cks to enter a forum and say how it is..good for you ;)

Ernie ;)

Re: .

Hope all goes well for you mate..takes some b7ll7cks to enter a forum and say how it is..good for you ;)

Ernie ;)[/quote]

Not really, just thought Id gage a gen idea from the safteynes of my
front room :LOL: as to what folks think, Ive had no nasty comments on this thread or by Pm so my confidence is up and forward I go.
thanks all Daz.

If there's anything I appreciate, it's someone who says exactly where they are coming from..in all senses of the phrase! It doesn't happen enough.

Who cares where anyone's been? So long as they are better for it somehow.

Good on yer mate. Crack on with getting the work -Good Luck. Then you'll be spending it on here :D

saulus":3kf4vk2j said:
If there's anything I appreciate, it's someone who says exactly where they are coming from..in all senses of the phrase! It doesn't happen enough.
Good on yer mate. Crack on with getting the work -Good Luck. Then you'll be spending it on here :D

I really didnt expect any of this at all? I expected the worst for some reason? Just goes to show that this is a place where common intrest rules all,and the people are understanding and real.
As regards to the spending on here(after xmas :D ) Ive just bought a smart Tv and pro logic system today(treat for the gaff :roll: sumat the bird agrees with) been out drinkin all night an feelin like Ive missed things and gota catch up?? gota work on the missis so I can keep a bike in the appartment? hmmm this is gona b harder than that place!!!!

Bpool77":vzq5xp2g said:
saulus":vzq5xp2g said:

I really didnt expect any of this at all? I expected the worst for some reason? Just goes to show that this is a place where common intrest rules all,and the people are understanding and real.
As regards to the spending on here(after xmas :D ) Ive just bought a smart Tv and pro logic system today(treat for the gaff :roll: sumat the bird agrees with) been out drinkin all night an feelin like Ive missed things and gota catch up?? gota work on the missis so I can keep a bike in the appartment? hmmm this is gona b harder than that place!!!!

its always best to expect the worse,then it can only get better,welcome aboard buddy,we have all done crazy crap in the past,some get caught and some dont,(no i`m admitting to anything),so just keep you head up bud and good luck for the new year.

welcome back fella, i remember the saga of your mrs selling your bike!

Back