FTW Industries - Urban Assault!

I'm really liking the look of the fenders, gives it touch of a classic French tourer. The polished/chrome finish balances great with the red anodizing.

Right on!

I agree wholeheartedly Mickster, took a while to get the fenders fitted but it all turned out good in the end....maybe a swept back bar with a slightly longer Ringle stem next, dunno yet.

Nah, some FTW made Lauterwasser-style bars, clearly.
5258820093_ff26b3ec59_z.jpg

fact:

Lee has Frank doing a ton of really cool stuff right now.

i have to say i'm really glad you changed the cranks, i don't mind L+M but didn't like the huge amount of red there.

i like the look of the bike without mudguards but also like the look with them, i do agree with the above rack comment, sometimes the rack completes the practical look of a bike, that said if you don't need it don't bother.

i must admit that even though i didn't choose Frank to build my custom bike i still like the idea of having something from him at somepoint, and something like this is something i would consider as a replacement of my cross bike which doesn't get ridden too much, it's mostly used as a winter road bike and hack bike on the streets but i prefer straight bar set up so something along these lines would be cool

:D

Frank asked if I wanted rack mounts, I declined, I use a courier bag when I'm out and about saw no need for a rack mount, and still don't if I'm honest. The bike ticks all of the boxes I asked for, I can use it on the roads for work, I can ride it off road with knobbly 29'r tyres, I can blast around the local parks with a plomb, it's got amazingly quick handling, feels more like a mountain bike to a road bike which to me is more confidence inspiring.

Frank asked if I wanted rack mounts, I declined, I use a courier bag when I'm out and about saw no need for a rack mount, and still don't if I'm honest. The bike ticks all of the boxes I asked for, I can use it on the roads for work, I can ride it off road with knobbly 29'r tyres, I can blast around the local parks with a plomb, it's got amazingly quick handling, feels more like a mountain bike to a road bike which to me is more confidence inspiring.

Back