not looking forward to .....

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
.... fixing a puncture in my front tube as it is covered in mud :(

happened yesterday, a weird one as the tyre went soft but I was still able to cycle home, but did have to pump it up twice. I could see bubbles near a cut in the tyre as I pumped it up.

.... laters ..... ;)

02gf74":2wabrfy3 said:

happened yesterday, a weird one as the tyre went soft but I was still able to cycle home, but did have to pump it up twice. I could see bubbles near a cut in the tyre as I pumped it up.

.... laters ..... ;)

just buy a new bike :)

grumpycommuter":12124hey said:
02gf74":12124hey said:

.... laters ..... ;)

just buy a new bike :)

.... actaully I have, from Wiggle..... over 1 month on still have not received it :twisted:

.... but when I came to fix it, tyre was more or less free of any mud, a quick swipe with a brush over the rim and was good to go.

stevec1975":3w22ktjc said:
remove the problem by going tubeless?

I've heard some "interesting" stories on the cyclocross scene from riders who've had Stan's and similar tubeless set-ups fail when blow-outs occur or tyres get unseated from the rim at low pressure....the gist of it could be summarised as "a loud bang and sealant everywhere" in one case.

David

Tubeless does not mean no more punctures, it just means ,hopefully, considerably less punctures. Its a braver man than me to make claim that an air filled tube is impervious to puncture :roll:

I think if the distinction is appreciated between "puncture" and "catastrophic and instantaneous failure" then it could be fairly confidently referred to as "virtually puncture proof" ;)

G

My son decided that tubes were old and that tubeless was the only way to go.

It now takes two of us, a track pump and a reasonable amount of ingenuity to pump the tyres up after a change.

I'll stick with old thanks.

Back