Chopper project - finally finished!

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
It's taken since last November and waay more cash than I'd anticipated but I'm pretty pleased with the results . . .

ytxg9v.jpg

It was pretty rough when I bought it and it's certainly not a show bike as despite hours of polishing with Autosol the chrome is still very pitted but gears and brakes are dialled and it rides great. Full run down here.

orange71":1ays35li said:
it was the coolest bike when I was young. was never allowed one though :(

Me too!

Mamadirt, taking it to the Peak District to test out the Beast and Pindale? :LOL:

Gotta say it looks just fantastic! :cool:

You could get those chromed bits err... re-chromed. Adding more dosh to the build though and as you said the bills are mounting...

What a cool machine though! The T gear lever was better than the knob as it didn't penetrate so far in the event of a crash! Mind you... the T used to try and whip your tackle off!
:LOL:

That's looked lovely, did you have the frame resprayed? my cousin got an old Chopper from back in the 70's, it'very tatty with just one wheel, still got the saddle and bars, it been left untouched for over 5 years now in the garage, dont think he know where to start getting parts, etc.

They are worth abit nowadays.

Cheers all. Resprayed and lacquered it myself and sourced the decals from this guy. Plenty of NOS and repro parts available from sources such as that and also ebay - you could spend an absolute mint but I had to stop somewhere :LOL: . Now that it's done I'll probably sell it on and find something else to waste my money on ;)

mama, have you seen the chopper in newport indoor market? I was amazed to see it too! its pretty high up, out of normal line of sight. near the entrance opposite macdonalds :)

mama, that is awesome, a labour of love if you will, great dedication and attention to detail, and im glad its not a 'show bike' as that would be boring.

Back