Who ate all the pies?

David B":11c0j8vz said:
al":11c0j8vz said:
Thanks for the revolting pictures of rotting animal parts in stinking greasy animal fat gravy.....yum!

Someone please post a nice veggie friendly pie please?

al. :D

Has to be a Woolton Pie, I guess:

Woolton_Pie_Final1.jpg

Yummy pie.

David B":1b2om2u9 said:
al":1b2om2u9 said:
Thanks for the revolting pictures of rotting animal parts in stinking greasy animal fat gravy.....yum!

Someone please post a nice veggie friendly pie please?

Has to be a Woolton Pie, I guess:

Woolton_Pie_Final1.jpg

Bit of a maligned reputation, but it depends what goes into it - it's one of those recipes with a "make it up as you go along" element. With the right cheese and the right choice of veg it can be very tasty. And it's one of those dishes that's quite difficult to make a serious pig's ear of.

David

That Woolton pie looks nice, the ones I saw through a google search did not look so appetising.

I have a lovely recipe for veg lasagne, not a pie, but very delicious non the less

Alison

Tomato sauce: 3 garlic cloves, 1 onion, 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 1 leek 3 cans of chopped tomatoes 2 bay leaves, tsps of thyme and rosemary. put veg and herbs in with some olive oil and sweat for a few mins add toms and herbs and cook for 30-40 mins then liquidise.

1.5 pints of bechamel sauce

For the lasagne veg: 1lb aubergine, 1.5lbs of courgettes, 12oz leeks.

8oz mozzarella, 8oz ricotta, 4oz parmesan for the top.

you need to blanch all the veg in boiling water for about 5 mins then drain

Layer bechamel sauce, lasagne, sprinkling some veg, top this with chopped mozzarella and sprinkled ricotta, top this with tom sauce and then more bechamel sauce, and repeat till all used up finishing with lasagne sheets, bechamel sauce and Parmesan

Alison

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
B77":1wcotykn said:
Seriously thinking of putting in a bid, should still be ok....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-1960s-vi ... 5605001%26

Totally obsessing about S&K pud now, I'll pay good money if someone fancies sending me one :LOL:

No really.

:LOL: Oh go on then, as it's me that teased you pm me your address and I'll see what I can do, no promises though!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the kind offer but it's ok, got a mate visiting from blighty in 2 weeks and he'll bring some with him, I should be able to hold out ;)

Back