Updated Gios Compact HT! new pictures on second page.

now that is very special - fantastic looking bike.

the lustre on the paint is top notch - sets the silver off lovely.

enjoy as i'm sure you already are...

Ooo, all excited now. I won the F+F set that was on Ebay the other day. Like you, I've always wanted a Gios. Not sure if mine is as new as yours (I think mine has chrome lugs). Took a chance really as the images weren't great, so we'll see.

I'm going for early/mid ninties Athena/Chorus. Basically, stuff in my parts bin or things that have been given me. It would have been easier to go down the Shimano route with a stack of 600 tricolour I have, but I think it needs full Campag...

Phil

Ian,

The bike looks amazing - the more i look, the more i drooool!!!

Jealously is such a bad affliction.

Would you consider a swap for a Roberts? LOL

gios1001.jpg

gios1002-1.jpg

As your harshest critic Ian I am going to honestly say that I preferred the white wall tyres, perhaps your gum walls will look better as they age....

Blue hoods are a vast improvement over the black though.

All in all though I wouldn't say no ;)

Tel":t649im4h said:
As your harshest critic Ian I am going to honestly say that I preferred the white wall tyres, perhaps your gum walls will look better as they age....
Blue hoods are a vast improvement over the black though.
All in all though I wouldn't say no ;)
The only way I would put whitish tyres back on the Gios is to buy Mavic GP4 sprint rims and buy Clement Silk tubs.

Glad you like the hoods Tel! One thing going for these hoods they have no name on them, un-like the horrible 'Hudz' do!

Plus one":152l716d said:
Amazing what a few key changes make :cool:
I think so too but the only bug-bear is this shite weather we are having so its gone into storage til' the good weather is here again :cool:

After having a close up look on many Gios team bikes and to my surprise that when Gios was sponsored by KELME
with after a bit of searching into that name and KELME is an Italian shoe maker, so I just had to have the name
KELME made by a local online decal maker which is the same chap who made me the chrome gold decals on my Pavone.

The name KELME is on both sides of the top tube so now i'm a team rider...lol

kelme001.jpg

Ian,
Very nice, would you have done it if the shoemaker was Hushpuppies?
At least your research works!

Back