The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

bowser":3241nudw said:
sorry bit late in posting but wont be able to make todays ride.
After all.
Hope you all have a good un.

No problem, I expect to be doing an official Rivington meet next year, so hopefully see you there

Martin.

Hi martin
Thanks yes would like to do that one.
Look forward to it
Cheers.
If there are anymore rides in the region please keep me posted.

RIVINGTON AFTERMATH
(unofficial)

What a day - never known such a rate of attrition! Gav doing his back in, people calling in sick in the morning, mrlee showing up like death on a bad day, Kiran's forks exploding in the car, Martin sporting just three chainring bolts and I, happy in the knowledge it'd be a sociable jaunt, turn up on the super heavy monster only to find it's just me and the NW whippet, no wonder I ache today :oops:

I suggested that the carvery we passed on the road in looked excellent and very reasonable but to no avail.

So we slogged on through the arse deep bogs, clenched across ice-slippery slabs and skittered down evil root fests. Great, manly stuff! Cracking views all the way out to the coast too.

Then I snapped a cable and Captain 46t tore the flange of a perfectly innocent rear hub, and so the carnage was complete, Kiran got the flask of soup out and I tried to dry my sodden feet on an old sheet as I'd left all the towels at home

Back soon :cool:

elPedro666":1kspia5q said:
RIVINGTON AFTERMATH
(unofficial)

What a day - never known such a rate of attrition! Gav doing his back in, people calling in sick in the morning, mrlee showing up like death on a bad day, Kiran's forks exploding in the car, Martin sporting just three chainring bolts and I, happy in the knowledge it'd be a sociable jaunt, turn up on the super heavy monster only to find it's just me and the NW whippet, no wonder I ache today :oops:

I suggested that the carvery we passed on the road in looked excellent and very reasonable but to no avail.

So we slogged on through the arse deep bogs, clenched across ice-slippery slabs and skittered down evil root fests. Great, manly stuff! Cracking views all the way out to the coast too.

Then I snapped a cable and Captain 46t tore the flange of a perfectly innocent rear hub, and so the carnage was complete, Kiran got the flask of soup out and I tried to dry my sodden feet on an old sheet as I'd left all the towels at home

Back soon :cool:

all of the above, great afternoons riding, pics of hub flange ..............

2012-11-19-017.jpg

2012-11-19-016.jpg

Animal.
The one I was talking about seems to be coming off?, so unless I get attached to it when it arrives you'll be sorted! ;)

elPedro666":1ww3i5gf said:
Animal.
The one I was talking about seems to be coming off?, so unless I get attached to it when it arrives you'll be sorted! ;)

cheers Pete, let me know how it goes.

Thinking about putting a ride on for Sat 8th of Dec, and was looking at Grizedale or Rossendale, any preferences?

HarryCrumb":zfy7cj85 said:
Thinking about putting a ride on for Sat 8th of Dec, and was looking at Grizedale or Rossendale, any preferences?

Rossendale's easier on the fuel budget! :LOL: Brilliant riding at Grizdale though (ignoring most of the man made stuff), well worth the trip, so I'm happy either way :cool:

I'll try the Skipton massiv, see if they're around for it...

Cheers for the invite chaps but will have to pass at the moment as the Mrs is working all day so i've got little Molly.

Back