Christmas Shopping

Whatleymeister

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I detest it with a passion. The bind of having to look for something that, when opened by the recipient, wont be looked upon with forced joy!!

On the plus side, I am almost all done and as per usual have not step foot in a single shop to shout at obnoxious pillocks on mobiles, ambling along or mothers with battering prams.

So, what do you lot want this year?

Whatleymeister":2eysd9n8 said:
I detest it with a passion. The bind of having to look for something that, when opened by the recipient, wont be looked upon with forced joy!!

On the plus side, I am almost all done and as per usual have not step foot in a single shop to shout at obnoxious pillocks on mobiles, ambling along or mothers with battering prams.

So, what do you lot want this year?

Then if you'll forgive me, why on earth do you bother if it's such a chore ?

Something that should celebrate the spirit of family and care for ones fellow man has been turned into a consumerfest of disgusting proportions.
The amount of people who 'want' something they are told they should have to make their life complete when what they 'need' is something totally different, like a kick up the arse perhaps.

It's all bollocks, personally I don't celebrate christmas, my kids get bugger all either.

I do however celebrate the solstice, it's just a pity that human sacrifices are frowned upon these days, Jeremy Clarkson would look great on the slaughter stone.

B77":pcofffeo said:
.... I do however celbrate the solstice, it's just a pity that human sacrifices are frowned upon these days.....

that and the fact that there aren't any virgins around anymore makes it next to impossible to find suitable sacrifices.... :roll:

I detest it also, cramped town, crappy Christmas songs blaring out from every shop, the pressure from children on your finances and their insistence on having bloomin Christmas decorations all over the house.

What I want for Christmas just a quiet drink in front of the telly with my husband and children.

Bar Humbug

Alison

B77":2h9eaug4 said:
Then if you'll forgive me, why on earth do you bother if it's such a chore ?

Because I have no problem exchanging gifts with people, its just a pain in the arse having to get them. Its other shoppers I have the biggest problem with, they are normally oblivious to the world around them that they are just in the way. Or, on the other extreme, they are on such a mission that they will just barge people out the way. This infuriates me as its rude, but at 6'2" and just shy of 18 stone, I dont get too much agro :LOL:

Plus I am crap at buying things people want.

I would happily bypass the gifts though and just have all the family time and turkey!

And Bar Humbug sounds like a great place!

B77":1v7srywl said:
I do however celebrate the solstice, it's just a pity that human sacrifices are frowned upon these days, Jeremy Clarkson would look great on the slaughter stone.

There's an idea for a new Top Gear feature - "utter c**k on a reasonably-priced rock" ;)

However, if it's animal sacrifice you want, don't use Richard Hammond. Apparently he's not even a real hamster....

David

my wife says I hate christmas! its not christmas I hate but after months of being asked what would you like and answering bike bits and tools for working on bikes, so just something small to open on the day and cash would be great thanks.....only to be given something over priced that I wont wear or use this side of hell freezing over and being told we bought you that as we though you'd like it :shock: really does the look of dissapointment on my face say Wow thanks for buying yet me more crap I dont want, didn't ask for and wont use in your lifetime say happy christmas?
oh yeah apparently I hate birthdays as well :(
the only brightside is that after christmas ebay have free listings :)

Back