Klein Quantum Pro (2000) Complete, £800 Final Price!

joewalsh1990

Retro Newbie
SOLD SOLD

Klein Quantum Pro

Believed to be made in 2000 (aka one of the last Kleins made in Chehalis by Klein)

Ownership History:

Has had two previous owners before me.

1st Owner (Ed Moses) owned it from new in 2000-2009 and it's his name on the top tube.
Have contacted Ed and it appears he mostly used it on a turbo trainer and had apparently ridden it less than 1km.

2nd Owner (Henry) owned it from 2009-2011. Henry (as far as I'm aware) Didn't build it up, but kept it as a frameset as brought from Ed due to sizing issues

3rd Owner is myself, I built the bike up and used it as a 'sunday bike', putting perhaps less than 50-100 miles in it. There are a few marks around the left rear chainstay but is otherwise basically immaculate.

Pricing and Spec.

SOLD!

It comes with...

1.) complete carbon centaur groupset (2009, with NOS UT Carbon chainset put on September 2012)
12-29 cassette, 53-39 Chainset. Chain, cassette are ten-speed record and NOS (Put on september 2012)
Cableset is Campagnolo Record gear and brake cableset (new september 2012)

2.) Record Hubs laced to DT Swiss RR465 Rims (Destickered). Rear is 32 spoke DT Swiss Comp spokes (re-laced September 2012) and Front is 32 spoke Sapim CX ray spokes (re-tensioned Sep 2012). These have Lugano tyres (New) on at the moment but I will include some continental four seasons tyres as well (Worn, but usable.)

Skewers are richey titanium skewers.

3.) Deda 215 Deep drop bars with lizard skin bar tape (which will fit both stems), original Klein stem (120mm) and new pro stem (100mm), adapted seatpost shim to make steerer 1 and 1/8, Deda Drittissimo carbon seatpost (new September 2012) and white prologo scratch pro saddle.

I will also include a pair of 105 shimano SPD-SLs (used, but in good condition) with some mildly worn cleats for these pedals or flats at your request.

Frame dimensions

According to the link below, it measures as a 56cm size it has the following dimensions

Typical Rider Height 5'10" - 6'1"
Seat Tube Center to Top (in./cm) 22.8/58.0
Top Tube Standover (in./cm) 32.3/81.9
Bottom Bracket (in./cm)10.5/26.7
Effective Top Tube Length (in./cm) 22.3/56.7
Chainstay Length (in./cm) 16.3/41.4
Wheelbase (in./cm)39.1/99.3
Fork Rake (in./mm) 1.4/35
Seat Tube Angle 74.0°
Head Tube Angle 73.9°
Trail (in./cm) 2.4/6.2

http://wayback.archive.org/web/jsp/Inte ... tries.html

I'm based in oxford and would be happy to post (with cost of postage added) or meet in london if possible. The more observant of you will notice there is a rear flat at the moment. This will be fixed when sold!

main.php

main.php

T

Thanks! Right I'm open to offers on this, within reason, and can do delivery as far as reasonably possible. It'll only be on here for another week then it's off to lfgss then eBay... So get in whilst it's there!!

I beleive that is one of the Lombardi Sports Race Bikes. In San Francisco, Ca there is a store called Lombardi's Sports which used to have a pro cycling team sponsered by Klein. All of there bikes were that color (colour). I have the same bike only 60cm that I bought from one of the team members & yes it is a 2000. There is a fantastic advertisment that was created for Lombardi's sports which had the entire team on a San Francisco Cable Car with all of the bikes on top of the cable car. I tried to find that image on-line but didn't find it; the store still has a poster inside with this image.

Attachments

• lombardi1.jpg
    lombardi1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3,456
Thanks

Thanks Sonneborn, that's interesting..I did make some effort to contact ed moses but didn't get very far, I wonder if you have a list of the team members of the Lombardi team or where I could get one? I contacted the shop to ask if it was actually one of their team bikes/if they had a frame number list.

Bump and Pricedrop

Right, final week I'm having this up here will be next week. (10th-16th September).

I'd rather sell it to someone who is more likely to look after it (rather than ebay..) so with that in mind.

PRICEDROP
From £970
To £900 (Excluding postage)

It is a former team bike, that's one of the last proper kleins with a very decent groupset and wheels, let alone the other kit, so I think that's as low as I'm likely to go.

[/b]

Back