Dismantle LOOK pedals ?

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Can the rear black plastic section of a LOOK pedal be taken apart ?

Not looked at my pedals properly yet but there are two holes either-side which has either rivets or allen key holes.

The ones I have are the same as these....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Look-Delta-Pe ... 19d6cc6e4e

Reason for the enquiry? I want to fully strip the paint off them and polish the alloy to a high lustre :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Would you like to borrow one of my hammers? A delicate operation only possible with the right hammer. The more delicate - the bigger hammer - always works.

Ian, i wish i was more help.

Thanks

Hi
Not exactly the ones you have but I dismantled mine with no problem. Hit the pin with a hammer and it will come off easily.
I was afraid of finding some kind of spring that should be fitted back under tension (always troublesome), but that it is not the case. Springs are simple linear ones very easy to fit back in place.
A friend of mine polished his Carbon Pro some years ago an they looked tops.
cheers.

El Juli":mwuup1vg said:
HiNot exactly the ones you have but I dismantled mine with no problem. Hit the pin with a hammer and it will come off easily.

So does the pin go all the way through the black plastic piece ?

Thanks for the help ;)

Yes Ian.
No stop on either end. Hit it any side you like and it will come off. At least on mine. I used a hammer and a thick nail.

pin

I'm liking the sound of this - got 6 sets of old look deltas which everyone laughs at me because they look like a brick on the bottom of your shoe, but I like them and want to restore them. I'm gonna try this!

Just wondering if the axle can be taken out of these pedals too!

There must be some sort of tool to fit that round castle nut ?

I think so, mines have a different construction, they have a plastic screw-on lid on the outer end of the axle, but I think I remember some tools for opening this ones. Something like a plastic ring with notches.

Back