location / route tracking on old phone

Make sure you have data on your plan as the Nav4all will work over GPRS, and as such could get expensive. The W810 was a good phone back in the day but it lacks the processing power you'll need.

Your best option would be getting a handset like the Samsung Galaxy Y or HTC Desire C, both or which have GPS and will let you run apps like Strava and Runkeeper.

If you have any handset questions, just ask...after 12 years in the bike trade I got a job for a local mobile provider and now have 6 years of handset knowledge to offer.

hmm, my post didn't get added.

stewlewis":9d0tztka said:

You've shown a link for sport tracker for Symbian and two PDA's that are running Windows mobile or CE, which clearly aren't compatible.

Like I said you need a device running Symbian, Windows, iOS or Android.

If you can find someone who has written a sport tracker app for CE or WinMo you might as well by an old HTC Titan or such like as they are less than £50 and have built in GPS, then there is something like the Nokia 5800 that's also less than £50 and that will work with the sport tracker app you posted.

I had a WinMo device (An Orange SPV C550, followed by an E650) and SIRFstar bluetooth GPS running Tomtom back in 2005. I had to hack tomtom onto the device because of dodgy comport and screen configs of the SPV's, but the OP wanted a sport tracker and I would suspect that unless the old version of Endomundo works with those old versions of CE it wont work.

This Nokia 5800 is only £36.50 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-Xpr...lso probably that sport tracker too. Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You've shown a link for sport tracker for Symbian and two PDA's that are running Windows mobile or CE, which clearly aren't compatible.

Like I said you need a device running Symbian, Windows, iOS or Android.

If you can find someone who has written a sport tracker app for CE or WinMo you might as well by an old HTC Titan or such like as they are less than £50 and have built in GPS, then there is something like the Nokia 5800 that's also less than £50 and that will work with the sport tracker app you posted.

I had a WinMo device (An Orange SPV C550, followed by an E650) and SIRFstar bluetooth GPS running Tomtom back in 2005. I had to hack tomtom onto the device because of dodgy comport and screen configs of the SPV's, but the OP wanted a sport tracker and I would suspect that unless the old version of Endomundo works with those old versions of CE it wont work.

This Nokia 5800 is only £36.50 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-Xpr...lso probably that sport tracker too. Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Splatter Paint":z8wde26z said:

One of those and Nokia Sport Tracker is what I used to use.
It won't upload live as that would use a data plan but it's work as a GPS cycle computer and log your ride for uploading what you get home.

You'd export the .GPX file from the phone to the PC and upload to SportTracks/Strava etc.

A round about way of doing things but if you can pick up a cheap GPS device then it might be worth a go. You can always use the GPS bluetoothed to a laptop too if you ever desire.

Latest posts

Back