Colnago - road bike with Shimano 105 and Wolber rims

ditbicykles

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello

I have for sale "Vintage": Colnago road bike with Shimano 105 equipement.

Equipement/technical data:

-Size of frame: 54cm/21,25 inch. Space from seat post to head set (top tube, from center to center of tubes): 55cm/21,65 inch.
The frame is made of Steel, Columbus Tubing, weight - 9,66 kg
-Wheels: 28 inch, Hubs: Shimano 105 HB-1055 and FH-1055, rims: Wolber T 430 Alpine, Chrome/Magnesium
-Tires: 28" Continental Ultra Sport 23-622
-head set: 1" Colnago
-Stem: Made of aluminium. ITM - Ernesto Colnago, lenght: 100mm, Insert 22,2mm
-Bar: ITM
-fork: original
-brakes: Shimano 105
-crank: Shimano 105, FC-1055 made of Aluminum, 39-53 teeth, length of arms: 170mm
-Saddle: Selle Italia Transalp Titanium
-seat post - made of aluminium, road, Ernesto Colnago
-derailleurs: Shimano 105
-chain: Shimano HG Narrow
-Shifters: Shimano 105
-Brake levers: Shimano 105
-Bottom bracket: Shimano 105
-cassette sprocket: Shimano 7 speed

The bike was used - it's is in great technical and visual condition.

It's got an original bottle cage Zefal Spring.

DSC_0511-1.jpg

DSC_0515-2.jpg

DSC_0516-1.jpg

DSC_0517-1.jpg

DSC_0518-2.jpg

DSC_0519-1.jpg

DSC_0520-2.jpg

DSC_0521-2.jpg

DSC_0522-2.jpg

DSC_0523-2.jpg

DSC_0524-2.jpg

DSC_0525-2.jpg

DSC_0526-2.jpg

DSC_0527-2.jpg

DSC_0528-2.jpg

DSC_0529-2.jpg

DSC_0530-2.jpg

DSC_0533-2.jpg

DSC_0534-2.jpg

DSC_0535-2.jpg

DSC_0536-2.jpg

DSC_0537-2.jpg

DSC_0538-1.jpg

DSC_0539-2.jpg

DSC_0540-2.jpg

DSC_0541-2.jpg

DSC_0542-2.jpg

DSC_0544-2.jpg

DSC_0543-1.jpg

DSC_0545-2.jpg

DSC_0546-2.jpg

DSC_0550-2.jpg

DSC_0552-2.jpg

DSC_0553-2.jpg

DSC_0554-2.jpg

DSC_0555-2.jpg

Price: 750 Euro (price includes delivery costs to U.K., all Europe)

bikenut2010":1yvunymb said:
why does my heart sink when I see a Colnago with Shimano gruppo? :roll:

Because you are trapped in fixed mental approach....Italian frame=Campagnolo....where =means need.....if you like a classical approach.....and if you want to wed the two together fine.....but others don't feel so ideologically constrained.....i have a Faggin and am quite happy with my Shimano set up but a friend is equally baffled at my choice and is equally dismayed.....but hey that's freedom of choice for you!......It is ironic you use the Italian word 'gruppo' for the Shimano equipment.

Lots of religious words can be used..such as..orthodox and hetrodox and heretic....you are the former and i am the latter.....just hope no one gets burnt at the metaphorical stake!

sawston_vulcan":3vwhdax4 said:
bikenut2010":3vwhdax4 said:

Because you are trapped in fixed mental approach....Italian frame=Campagnolo....where =means need.....if you like a classical approach.....and if you want to wed the two together fine.....but others don't feel so ideologically constrained.....i have a Faggin and am quite happy with my Shimano set up but a friend is equally baffled at my choice and is equally dismayed.....but hey that's freedom of choice for you!......It is ironic you use the Italian word 'gruppo' for the Shimano equipment.

Lots of religious words can be used..such as..orthodox and hetrodox and heretic....you are the former and i am the latter.....just hope no one gets burnt at the metaphorical stake!

I think you are quick to make assumptions here, GRUPPO is slang in my head and moved beyond origin...( Mange tout Rodders ) I have a lovely Olagnero with a 7401 Dura Ace gruppo ( oops, groupset! ), a Rossin'Team Shimano' (now owned by a pal and up for sale at 450 ) and recently acquired a Rossin with Mavic ( mostly ) 'groupe'.

The builds I have mentioned above I've added pics, I like the way they are presented, they 'work' to my eye.

I don't have a problem at all with these, but a Colnago with 105 TO ME looks a bit naff;

it's all totally personal preference and not a symptom of rigid or constrained or limited set of choices...hang on, there's a knock on the door and the smell of burning twigs... :shock:

Attachments

• DSCF0388.jpg
    DSCF0388.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 2,615
  • DSCF0389.jpg
    DSCF0389.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,615
  • Rossin Performance2.jpg
    Rossin Performance2.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 2,615
bikenut2010":171o40rd said:
sawston_vulcan":171o40rd said:
bikenut2010":171o40rd said:

I think you are quick to make assumptions here, GRUPPO is slang in my head and moved beyond origin...( Mange tout Rodders ) I have a lovely Olagnero with a 7401 Dura Ace gruppo ( oops, groupset! ), a Rossin'Team Shimano' (now owned by a pal and up for sale at 450 ) and recently acquired a Rossin with Mavic ( mostly ) 'groupe'.

The builds I have mentioned above I've added pics, I like the way they are presented, they 'work' to my eye.

I don't have a problem at all with these, but a Colnago with 105 TO ME looks a bit naff;

it's all totally personal preference and not a symptom of rigid or constrained or limited set of choices...hang on, there's a knock on the door and the smell of burning twigs... :shock:

Merely being empirical...based on evidence..ie what you said dear chap....not making any assumptions

So you are being hierarchical?....Ok for lesser Italian brands to have Shimano [Rossin et al] but not the elite Italian frames ie Colnago....worst of all if it is 105....that would never do.....bad show!

Two close friends have called me a heretic...so i am used to it....just find it amusing.....in their eyes...passing port the wrong way.....going against accepted practice......However, you are entitled you your view and i am not saying you are wrong [very pompous to do that].....your opinion is as valid as mine...the rationale for your widely held view does interest me and it goes beyond functionality......As for gruppo yes it is used as slang in cycling circles....but don't you see its deeper significance.....the idea that cycling component are measured against everything/anything Italian.....hence Shimano is the parvenu.....the johny-come lately of component makers.....and yes they are very good etc etc.....but not good enough to grace the finest Italian frames..reserved only for Campagnolo [won't call it Campy or even Campag].....just my 2 cents.....I rejoice in being an iconoclast!.....All opinions we have a starting point that we inherit from someone else...mine and yours.....we then personalise them.

sawston_vulcan":2zb50yn2 said:

So you are being hierarchical?....Ok for lesser Italian brands to have Shimano [Rossin et al] but not the elite Italian frames ie Colnago....worst of all if it is 105....that would never do.....bad show!

Two close friends have called me a heretic...so i am used to it....just find it amusing.....in their eyes...passing port the wrong way.....going against accepted practice......However, you are entitled you your view and i am not saying you are wrong [very pompous to do that].....your opinion is as valid as mine...the rationale for your widely held view does interest me and it goes beyond functionality......As for gruppo yes it is used as slang in cycling circles....but don't you see its deeper significance.....the idea that cycling component are measured against everything/anything Italian.....hence Shimano is the parvenu.....the johny-come lately of component makers.....and yes they are very good etc etc.....but not good enough to grace the finest Italian frames..reserved only for Campagnolo [won't call it Campy or even Campag].....just my 2 cents.....I rejoice in being an iconoclast!.....All opinions we have a starting point that we inherit from someone else...mine and yours.....we then personalise them.

Of course hierarchies exist, poor/average/better/best why are you struggling with this?
You are missing the point ENTIRELY mate...design has both history and tradition as a function of elegance, this is independent of opinion and critique, it stands alone as a complete and successful construct of componentry; take a look at the catalogues on Bulgier...
Have a look at the Ferrari with Borrani wire wheels and the Cortina with Rostyles; they belong where they belong as an integral part of the style identity of the Marque in question; yes you could swap them around but why? I have no difficulty with your preferences, but maybe turn the disdain down a notch?

Attachments

• cortina.jpeg
    cortina.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 2,505
  • ferrari.jpeg
    ferrari.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2,505
Bikenut2010....'but maybe turn the disdain down a notch?'

And so we return to your original comments that were full of disdain!

You are comparing apples to pears!....Pot, kettle, black!

Personally i would love a Cortina Mark I Lotus as raced by Jim Clark!

Latest posts

Back