First McDonald's in 15 years :-0

The main attraction to McDs is consistency. Your pub food might be better, but the one next door or across the street might be rank. Who's to know?

Every person in this country (and most others) knows exactly what to expect at a McDs though. Nothing brilliant, nothing awful, just standardised fare with no surprises (unless you forget to ask them to hold the pickle). If you could say the same of every pub in terms of both food and facilities it would be a fair comparison.

I'm not fussed on them either way. Although if I was a negative campaigner I'd be a bit put out by the millionaire marketing budget I was up against.

There are two ways of looking at that.

You could argue they are equally shoite everywhere.

I remember Budapest's first Mucky D's, it was surreal. Beautiful old building with ornate high ceilings, etc., selling this plastic food.

Heinous crime I reckon.

technodup":2rwqqt6q said:
The main attraction to McDs is consistency. Your pub food might be better, but the one next door or across the street might be rank. Who's to know?

Consistent, yes, but a consistent standard doesn't always equal consistently good. Flimsy "consistency" arguments were behind the big breweries' push to phase out cask beer in favour of bland fizzy kegged stuff in the 60s/70s.

David

David B":3rqorx0h said:
technodup":3rqorx0h said:

Consistent, yes, but a consistent standard doesn't always equal consistently good.
I didn't say it was good. My point is that whether I'm working or on holiday in Glasgow or London or New York or anywhere in between I know what I'm going to get at McDs (or any other major franchise). Local restaurants or pubs vary wildly in quality and service so for many it's a case of better the devil you know.

It clearly hacks off the snobs but it's true.

I loved a mac when I was a student 20 years ago, my sister got me hooked but I soon went off them. Last year my oldest son when we were Xmas shopping introduced me to a chicken chilli sandwichy type thing that I really liked, might get one again this year if they still do them.

Never would take the children to one though

Latest posts

Back