I Love BL cars me

poweredbypies":lf14virw said:
You know the engine out of the 6r4 was the basis for the engine in the jag xj220 :eek:

Yep, supposed to be a V12, but being british they even fecked up the most prestigious project ever undertaken, cut corners and budgeted to get it made so it ended up a v6 with a couple of hairdriers on it :roll:

And Elton John had one.... :shock:

G

I had a MK1 metro 1.0, it was superb!!

Still remember that good old K series whine!!

Was in the process of buying a Metro Turbo off my neighbour 20 years ago, before it got knicked, and was found burnt out on Wisley Airfield!!!!

:shock:

misteroo":1zy5wlna said:

Mk1 metro's used the A series from the Mini, even the front/rear subframes

G

unkleGsif":2ar29sbk said:
misteroo":2ar29sbk said:

G

And the whine was almost certainly from the gearbox.

unkleGsif":382m7ju0 said:
misteroo":382m7ju0 said:

G

oops.....My Bad!!!

Used to get a lot of cars from the auctions, drive them into the ground and then flog them to the scrapyard, BL cars were always cheap. Had an Allegro Vanden Plas, the thing was leather and walnut inside, lovely, bloody awful handling though. had a couple of Princesses and Rover SD1s, I thnk the scrapper paid more for them than I bought them for, the SD1s were great, had an ex police one, went like greased weasel shit, it may have even had a digital dash or was that just my my memory ?

grahame":3nx29tja said:
And the whine was almost certainly from the gearbox.

It was the transfer gears between the crank and gearbox - which is why it was the same in any gear.

Ahh, remembering my first car...Mini Clubman Estate in Russet Brown. AWS326V. :cool:

6 years old and already rusting through at the rear panel and the bottom of the doors!

Was just thinking the other day you don't see many Metro's about. Meant to replace the original Mini I seem to remember?

Saw a tidy one on ebay LGF if you fancy one?

Back