Nice one (car content)

al":23w1aqf2 said:
75's are an old mans car for old men with no imagination and are old!

Well, Dad ticks all the "old" boxes which may explain why he's got a 75....I think he'd take issue with the "no imagination" bit though.

David

highlandsflyer":2kkcy91s said:
At least it still has its quarter lights.

Presumably it can be gassed up to a decent height.

I never was a fan of slammed anything, but if we all liked the same things I wouldn't need to kill people.

It's a Resto-cal car.

It runs an air system.

al.

al":e37nj5mt said:
highlandsflyer":e37nj5mt said:
At least it still has its quarter lights.

Presumably it can be gassed up to a decent height.

I never was a fan of slammed anything, but if we all liked the same things I wouldn't need to kill people.

It's a Resto-cal car.

It runs an air system.

al.

Ah. An oil cooled, second rate Citroen wannabe.

I'll post a pic of Bens Citroen Ami 6 when he's finished with the angle grinder and welder.

Should piss the buffers off..... I hope!

al. :LOL:

al":10hb23mt said:
You say potato, I say potato.... you say tomato, I say Rovers are crap! :LOL:

Now now... I didn't say anything about the merits of the marque, just that cars with their wheelarches sitting on the tyres look broken. I was right too, so there!

Anyway, I think most people who have a soft spot for post-war Rovers generally accept that amidst some great inventiveness and charm there was usually an upsetting lack of quality :-(

Personally I don't think many manufacturers have come anywhere close to Volvo for real quality in engineering and manufacture... pity it all went down the tubes after the late 90s!

ajm":um8lf5fq said:
al":um8lf5fq said:

Now now... I didn't say anything about the merits of the marque, just that cars with their wheelarches sitting on the tyres look broken. I was right too, so there!

Anyway, I think most people who have a soft spot for post-war Rovers generally accept that amidst some great inventiveness and charm there was usually an upsetting lack of quality :-(

Personally I don't think many manufacturers have come anywhere close to Volvo for real quality in engineering and manufacture... pity it all went down the tubes after the late 90s!

My cars are engineered so the wheels sit square in the arch and work whether the car is at full hight or on full drop!..... enough of that now.

I think you would love my Volvo Amazon daily driver?

al. :D

ajm":2g1tpffu said:
al":2g1tpffu said:

You have to check out the Gott in Himmel! machine. OK so they do rust but they make Volvos feel a bit flimsy

935qz.jpg

I had an old Mk1 820.

Underpowered and uneconomical but by god it was a lovely drive.

It was the last of the Mk1's with full bodykit, leather, alloys and electric everything.

Destined for the Australian market (the clue was the Aus safety codes on the seatbelts) the order eas canceled at the last minute and they were sold in the UK.

The cambelt went at the same time the mother in law died, how is that for freakycoincidence?

The cambelt went at the same time the mother in law died, how is that for freakycoincidence?

About as freaky and coincidental as your mother in law dying at the same time as the cam belt went. :p

legrandefromage":15zeaikw said:
OK so they do rust but they make Volvos feel a bit flimsy

That's the thing... I really, really hate rust! Probably doesn't help living right by the sea, but I've had too many years of dealing with dissolving Land Rovers (which I love regardless - you can at least take them apart and galvanise everything and still hope to put them back together in working order!)

I do like older Mercs and considered running one, but the lack of proper rust-proofing is a deal killer for me. It's a shame, because a bit of galvanising during manufacture is all it would have taken...

Al - I do very much like your Amazon (I'm sure you showed a pic on here once?) although I suspect my own Volvo daily driver has left me slightly spoiled for creature comforts! (S70 2.5T CD - last of the "even kind of proper" Volvos in my book, I think the original full-height headlight 850 was everyday motoring perfection)

Back