First Retro MTB Build YETI

Silverfish":ks8o36lg said:
ameybrook":ks8o36lg said:
Nice.

The brakes are on backwards.

why you think the brakes are on backwards? Low profile on the rear and stumpy brakes on the front was the norm...

brake lever cables, i think he means, left and right.

Decals

Glad its meeting the criteria on Retrobike. There are some keen eyes on this site. Actually helped me push the bike to this point. Getting the accutrax was the most frustrating part of this build. Took the bike out for a nice ride today. Man these Critical racing brakes are the best. They stop as good as they look. I have a set of NOS graftons and opted for these instead. Glad I did.

B

What is the serial?

You state 89 but this frame has the sleeved seattube with binder bolt rather than clamp. That would push it towards 92+ which would require the 3rd gen headtube decal.

However it could have been a repair...

YETI Serial

The serial number is showing 13xx super hard to read. The seatpost area is most definitely a repair, which I hear is common with Early Ultimates.. I am not exactly sure of the age. It seems Yeti was not good at documenting the production codes for the bike pre Durango. I would like to know more about this frame, if anyone out there can help.. Yeti bikes have always been a special marque to me and im super happy to finally have one.

Back