Nice one (car content)

Here's a pic of Ruby.

20121117_084939.jpg

al. :D

very nice :cool:

I saw a convoy of classic fast fords on the way back to Swansea from Brum last night, they all looked mint and were being driven rather than trailered which made me think 'fair play'. got a soft spot for all those old XR/RS fords :)

My dad had several of Rover's fast saloons in the 60s, he had Land Rovers until the Toyota Landcruiser was needed for the comfort.

He bought a 75 top of the range out of sentimentality, I guess a lot of people did.

He is an old man.

Nothing wrong with that.

I have driven it a fair bit, and I can guarantee it is a hell of a lot more comfortable and handles better than any 'classic' air cooled VW.

That Beetle is beautiful, but there is a difference between toys and day to day practical cars.

highlandsflyer":an9zyiyu said:
Dub fans can't help but wee a little when they get up close.

I wee a lot!

I've not even shown you his Razor... I have been known to cock my leg when I see that. :LOL:

al.

To be honest I am just jealous. I wish I was young again, and did not hanker after plush leather upholstery and two inch thick carpets.

Enough about the wife though.

al":37rshsgj said:
75's are an old mans car for old men with no imagination and are old!
The only thing worse than a 75 is 3 x 25's :LOL:

75's came with the option of a modular Mustang V8 engine, and RWD (yep, same as the 'MG' that replaced it). They go for rather strong money now, unsurprisingly.

And I'd choose an 800 Coupe over anything VW, any day. It was a genuinely nice cruiser for unpretentious people. And Alan Partridge. VWs, classic or newer, are the automotive equivalent of Klein Attitudes. (Except Klein were genuinely innovative, in their defence.)

Totally with you on the 25's, though ;) :LOL:

The missus used to work at a place that had a Rover 800 Coupe as one of their pool cars which she would be allowed the use of at weekends.
I think it had a 2.5l engine and am pretty sure it was a Vitesse, loved cruising around in it especially when we were going out clubbing, so comfy but also had a nice bit of grunt to it :cool:

Rover_800_02.jpg

Oh dear,
In ripping the piss out of my brother, I appear to have started some sort of Rover 800 love-in!!!!

I'm off to whip myself with a brake cable :oops:

G

Back