1994 TREK 930 SHX - PAINTED WITH DECALS ON PAGE 3!!

Saw this thread when you were starting out. Suburb rebuild! These steel Treks are understated and under-rated (and the 930 was my first 'proper' MTB, too)

Despite he is your twin brother you're taller than him, I think.

Beautiful work on your Trek, it's fantastic.
I like your brother's Univega too, like those STX cranks very much.

Figured I should post the final final pics!

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 788
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 788
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 788
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 788
calling on34henry3w and Retro Guru...

I contacted Trek regarding decals to find out that they have no decals available. They did say that I was free to use whatever trademarked images to produce my own. They pointed me to an old catalog page, but at least they did personally respond. Can the art for the decals be had or the decals themselves? I'm not asking for a "freebie" nor expecting one. If I know the font used and the specifics regarding size, italics, etc, I could come up with something close, but you've already done the work. . If I had the art, I could modify the "930" to become a "950" in the decals which is what I require.

The bike I have is a 1989 Trek Singletrack 950, brilliant blue in colour. The decals are all white with no outline, but staying exactly stock is not really a concern. It is an old all steel lugged frame( which I am a fan of) that's the important part. The old adage "the frame's the single largest component on a bike" (and dare I say the most important) holds true to me. I became "converted" to lugged frames in 1993 or 1994 when I bought my first new bike, a Bridgestone MB-4. So, if I could afford a new Rivendell or custom bike, that's what I'd go for. But I can't.I looked at a newish Brodie, and must say that if it is typical of the majority of hand brazed bikes, then I can easily love those too.

By the way I also have a 1987 or 1988 lugged Gary Fisher Montare that I rebuilt/improved as a gift to my brother 10 or more years ago. When he was able to purchase a new bike (a Gary Fisher HooKooEKoo, he gave it back to me.

Anyways, if the art or decals are available please let me know. Thanks

Re:

send me your email by pm and I will send you the eps. Also, I gave Gil m on this forum the eps and if you contact him I am sure he could mod them to 950 and print very cost effectively

Back