Australian retro bikes

Brettels

Retro Guru
A thread for only retro bikes from Australia.....

My contribution....

Technicomps Bigfoot - early 90s aluminium made on the Gold Coast

101_0053.jpg

I remember these well and had a few mates who rode them Even one of our local riders "Pat Scott" was sponsored by them for a while.

They were very light from memory :)

My old flat mate had a repco K2, that was the reason i got a mtb rather than a road bike, figured I'd end up riding with him off road and wreck a roadie

Thats pretty cool Brett, actually theres a purple to red fade Technicomps roadie for sale in Tassie at the moment, I was wondering what was the go with the brand.

In terms of Australasian brands, I have a bikecorp era Shogun Prairie Breaker Pro. Taiwan built low-end Tange tubes I believe (5lb frame, no lightweight).
Its either '93 or 94. When I first got it in ~'95 it had Tioga air-oil forks and a diskdrive/121 rear plus Revolver cranks, which all died in a few months and due to lack of parts/cash went into the skipbin behind the bike shop, if only I knew then what I know now!

shogun1024.jpg

Rear triangle is bent unfortunately and its currently stripped and stored. Coolest thing about it is the trans blue/silver linear fade paint.

Speaking of Shoguns, this is my first mountain bike purchased in Feb 1990 for $999.

Sorry for the poor quality pic but it is a scan of the original pic :)

That photo is embarrassing :)

Attachments

• Shogun.jpg
    Shogun.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 13,841
Some pics of TGR Racing and Technicomps being ridden :)

Jack Weitenberg on the TGR and Pat Scott on the Technicomps :)

Sorry for the quality as these are scanned originals :)

Attachments

• img039.jpg
    img039.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 13,725
  • img160.jpg
    img160.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 13,726
Back