First McDonald's in 15 years :-0

The Ken":1qmxsq5c said:
My kids don't really like them, in fact if there wasn't a toy involved I doubt they would ever ask to go. My local pub does hand made 6oz fresh burgers for the same price as a McD's meal - McD's really have no excuse for being so bad.

Double that.

Besides, taking the bairns to the pub is much better crack.

I struggle to think of anywhere that provides less value than these junk food chains.

This thread to me just highlights the difference in prices around the country. Round here, a burger, chips and a coke in a pub would set you back a tenner each.

Russell":3dvwmtez said:
This thread to me just highlights the difference in prices around the country. Round here, a burger, chips and a coke in a pub would set you back a tenner each.

We have pubs like that too, but there is one that £4 for a Quality Cheese Burger but they don't let kids in :( chips are an extra £2 but you don't really need them. (Last time I had a McD/BK meal it was £5)

It's not something I actively seek out, we have a really decent independant burger place in our town, but when needs must I partake in a Mc Filth.
Burger King is better, so I go for that if I can.

What a bunch of food snobs we are :LOL: , I reckon some poor sod in the third world would love the chance of a Mc Donalds.

I guess this should make us realise how lucky we are.

We must both have been hungry because we constantly led the conversation round to food.
"What is your favorite dish, grandad?"
"All of them, my son. It's a great sin to say this is good and that is bad."
"Why? Can't we make a choice?"
"No, of course we can't."
"Why not?"
"Because there are people who are hungry."

I was silent, ashamed. My heart had never been able to reach that height of nobility and compassion.
- Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek

SNAKEBITER":2ugqc0qo said:
What a bunch of food snobs we are :LOL: , I reckon some poor sod in the third world would love the chance of a Mc Donalds.

I guess this should make us realise how lucky we are.

Why should anyone think they are lucky to have thousands of generic food outlets where we once had variety and quality?

The third world argument could be applied to having a tub of lard and a spoon!

Back