Ride Suggestions for 2013

gil_m":2yi1mknu said:
Missed loads this year with setting up a business but should be around more next year

Know loads of stuff within a 40 mile radius of Pickering/Malton

So where do we start...

Castle Howard/Welburn/Terrington works well before the nettles grow in and after the sticky mud from hell has gone

Rosedale/Lastingham always good and can be tuned to the weather

Goathland/Hole of Horcum good when it's frozen or dry in summer

Sutton Bank/Wass several options and good most weathers, Boltby is a bit of a nightmare due to felling but options without using the wood too much

Wykham/Harwood dale good before the vegitation grows in

That should keep you busy for a while :)

Will have a chat about these over a few pints at the beer festival ;)

Mr Panda":2yi1mknu said:
C2C Whitehaven - Roker Beach?

Would love to do something like this Mr P but I think the logistics would be a nightmare :LOL:

Keep the ideas coming chaps...

slmracing":xb5y1mcm said:
what about the cut gate killer in the summer for South Yorkshire :twisted: :twisted:
:LOL:

i'll give viking mike a ring and see if he can make it ;) :LOL:

which ever territory langsett falls in next year, i suppose cutt gate could be considered. providing it's a straight out and back. that stupid loop over the farm can 'disapear' for me :)

marc two tone":3cmoitur said:
slmracing":3cmoitur said:
what about the cut gate killer in the summer for South Yorkshire :twisted: :twisted:
:LOL:

i'll give viking mike a ring and see if he can make it ;) :LOL:

which ever territory langsett falls in next year, i suppose cutt gate could be considered. providing it's a straight out and back. that stupid loop over the farm can 'disapear' for me :)

marc, we going to start off the year with a ride around your/stu's way Newsam or Newmillerdam, both seems like it will take poor weather and nice on the legs.

Sounds like a good idea Ben

I would like to say a big well done to my girlfriend Cath, She managed to complete most of the New Miller dam ride today, very impressed with Her, she only fell twice :D :D :D :D

both are possibles being of low miles and flat~ish.

i'm personally hoping for a dry winter( the type water authorities don't like) ;) newmillerdam just needs to be dryer and newsam gets a pounding from horses and dog walkers alike, making what should be fun, a drag, literally.

as for if and when those rides are pencilled in, not sure, much to be talked about in the meanwhile. over crimbo i'm intending to have a cruise round tempsy to figure a route out. the idea is to alter it quite a lot, more of one thing, less of another and cut the middle bit out. :)

Matthews":3mrc0txk said:
The Nawton loop ride I did in August (reccied anyway) would probably make a nice ride , I would normally say it'd be best in summer as it's drier but it pissed it down all year so hey ho. I've got it on .gpx if anyone wants to look at it on a map.
Matthew

If this is the same route :- http://www.mtb-routes.co.uk/northyorkmo ... route.aspx

We've just ridden this route and the two words that stick in my mind are Muddy & UPhill !!

There's some good decent's but you certainly work for them (2776 feet of climbing) we were lucky with the weather as it was sunny all day,
But in the sheltered dales it was like a winters day, this is my lasting memory of the ride, it was taken at 2:30 pm ish and had been like this all day.

Picture027.jpg

One for the long,hot,dry days of summer I think :LOL:

That's pretty much it yes , I think everywhere's muddy at the mo , it's nicer in summer but yes there's a few uphills , I did it clockwise BTW and in August (when it was pissing down!).
Matthew

Back