Orange P7 respray options

Tom79

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

going to send my frame off to Bob Jackson's for a respray to restore it to it's former glory. It's in decent condition with no dents or big chips, but there are a few scuffs, some flaking and also it seems as though the paint is fading? See the pic where I removed the decal to see the colour difference....

Any ideas on colour scheme? tempted to go with a metallic orange from Jackson's but unsure....want to keep it original but also I'm going to be riding this bike and stroking it when it's complete so want it to look cool too.

Thoughts?

image1.jpeg

4.jpeg

If you're having it done all the same colour I'd just get a powdercoat as it's much cheaper and is a tougher finish.

Orange is always good on an Orange ;)

Orange

I've had a few done in Flat/Satin Black. Sounds boring I know, but the finish is very tough and flexible. With Orange coloured or Yellow or Green decals they look really good. It is also one of Oranges most popular colour choices.
Jacksons do a really nice Mango Yellow, as a matter of interest which looks really good. Their finish warrants the extra cost (£90 for a plain colour)

P7

Here's my P7.

bought on here with bad paint so had it powdered in something alternative.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Slightly changed, has orange Wildgrippers, silver Ringle H20, blue X-lite canti studs and seatpost bolt now but the ride is still awesome.

I still gets a few comments when out from people who remember riding full rigid. I've gone full circle now and ended up where i started :?

at the end of the day they are for riding, enjoy the build but enjoy the ride more. ;)

Wold Ranger":16c3jrua said:
Mossy":16c3jrua said:

Whats the colour?

If I remember correctly it was called Plum metallic. I like it. Plenty of choice at BJs. I would agree that the finish can chip easily, but on balance mine has been good and i'm happy so far.

Ride - it's like rinding a spring it flexes that much. Strong and nimble. I love it.

Back