My Orange Clockwork Project- Updated with new photos!

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
'98 Clockwork Frame (Orange Series 7.5 Tubing) in 17"

Lovely light and 'pingy' frame. :D

Sorry about the blurry pix. :roll:

Clockwork04.jpg

Clockwork03.jpg

Clockwork01.jpg

I'm real chuffed with this, I've been after a Clockwork for ages, but either not had the cash etc......

Anyway, this is going to be treated to a respray, hopefully in lime powder coat. (I've got an orange Orange, I fancy a lime one to go with it.)

...........Or maybe even white with lots of oranges all over (bit like the jerseys BITD) not sure yet? :?

It'll be a bit of an eclectic mix of components, RC35MXC forks and STX cranks with a Pace spider and rings (hopefully), with XT 737 / 739 'stuff'.

And she was born the same year as my E4 too. :cool: :D

Looks nice, and I actually like that colour scheme, it may nt be "typical" for a Clockwork, but unusual is good no?

I have a set of 737 hubs by the way, not got around to advertising yet. PM me if interested

Well she's back from the powder coaters (Oxford Industrial Finishers) and barring a couple of initial hiccups they've done an excellent job.

DSCN3452.jpg

I went for satin black in the end after seeing a couple of recent frames in a similar colour. Black surely is the new black! :cool:

I also decided on new style genuine Orange decals, the thinking being that this is how it would look if I'd sent it to Orange to refinish. I managed to save the Series 7.5 tubing decal though. :D

DSCN3451-1.jpg

So now I finally have somewhere to hang some of my Pace goodies. Still a long way to go. I'm waiting on freshly powder coated Orange stem and STX crank arms, along with red Hope seat collar and headset. I've also got a NOS Hotrod bar and a nice M739 rear mech waiting in a box.... :cool:

I'm looking for an M739 top pull front in 31.8mm and SRT 800 shifters at the mo. ;)

Oh and I'll make a trip to the Animal shop in town at some point and pick up a couple of decals in homage to Orange's racing heritage.

Ahh that takes me back. Had a matt black Clockwork (Lx XT mix) with RC-35AB on in 93'ish. My fav steed ever. Got stolen in a house burgalry whilst at uni along with a Cannondale M700 and several grands worth of high end audio equipment.

Ah to be poor students again!

Looking forward to seeing yours finished

Jim

Cheers guys, I'm chuffed with how it's going so far. Here's another picky.

DSCN3453.jpg

I can't make my mind up as to whether I should use a set of the anniversary Maguras with the red anodised levers and braces or got with XT V's :?

Oh decisions, decisions! :D

Back