Gospel Pass Road Ride 17/11/12 Aftermath

The things i dislike about getting older are numerous. Joints aching in the morning, being tired all the time, injuries taking longer to heal, eyesight getting worse etc...

The one postive was ably demonstrated yesterday. To be able to meet with like-minded people and share the thing we all like doing, whilst being competitive but without needing to prove anything and then, to sit down afterwards over a lovely meal and just chat, that is what i like about getting older.

Moments of the day...

The duel between resident King of the (Hereford) Mountains, Mark and the young pretender Steve. Top climbing fellas!

Realising that a multimeter is required in your kit when out with Dave.

Ed failing to use the word 'engaging' at all during the day.

The wonderful hospitality from Ed and the Boss

Daves cry of delight... 'MCDONALDS!!!'... as he catches sight of those Golden Arches as we enter Hereford in rapidly failing light. Quickly followed by 'it's a drive thru!!!' :)

Coffee and cake in Hay...Cheers Mark!

Beautiful riding terrain and a really well planned route.

Ed shepherding Dave and myself, like a pair of very tired ducklings, over the last 10 miles. Many, many thanks for that :)

Cheers guys!!

I'm sorry I missed that one, it looks epic. Had I gone though, I feel sure my kids would be half way to being orphans by now!

Dave, how much better is the modern bike? Is the Di2 like owning an Alfa? I'm thinking of a new bike but I'm still not sure of buying plastic.

I'm aiming at being at Ed's Christmas ride.

Iwasgoodonce":29ks4w6d said:
I'm sorry I missed that one, it looks epic. Had I gone though, I feel sure my kids would be half way to being orphans by now!

Dave, how much better is the modern bike? Is the Di2 like owning an Alfa? I'm thinking of a new bike but I'm still not sure of buying plastic.

I'm aiming at being at Ed's Christmas ride.

Well how does one answer that ... Its fantastic (and should be for the price!!) same old though its all comes down to the size of your pistons at the end of the day !! :LOL: :LOL:

Back