YETI..a lot of Ultimate and a little Fro.

Silverfish":ovorgk4z said:
Sweet build Carl, looks awesome in 'stealth' mode!

Ta mate, Not sure about Stealth Mode, its as heavy as Darth Vaders Helmet with DarthVader still in it....PMSL.

Only the Arc to do and then they are finished. (although that wont be any time soon...)

:cool:

Tc":251q2phr said:
Carl that is beautiful mate the headsets a nice contrast.
It's on a parr with your orange in my books!

& please don't enter this in botm as I've put my strongest contender in this month! :LOL:

Tc

Thanks Mate.

And it wont be up for Botm, where Yeti"s are concerned they best has been done and Won, too.

Good luck with yours, Exceptional.

Nader":2p7479em said:
I missed this thread completely :shock:

sinnerman":2p7479em said:
Its O/E paintfinish, never been painted,...
thank god it's not powder coated...or maybe it! :LOL:

Nader it is Original and Powdercoat.

All the decals have been replaced, but for the headtube badge and seatstay decal, they are still Original Fit.

Giom6":1kb3clvb said:
sinnerman":1kb3clvb said:
Giom6":1kb3clvb said:
As always Carl, that is stunning. I really love the black and white combo and the components are spot in.

Just lovely :cool:

Cheers G.

Its O/E paintfinish, never been painted, ive always kept it safe and stored well, theres a little patna to the rear stays, and the odd rub mark, but its pretty clean, all round really.

The paint looks brand new to me! Its gorgeous! Did you follow a specific build for the bike or did you just chose components that would work well together. I love the campag brakes and the wheels, very nice. Couldn't have been easy to find that saddle either.... :)

This frame was originally destined to be refinished in Desert Turquoise, and built with a full campagnolo groupset, to me this is Iconic.

Couple of things stoppped that, The best has been done already,
and then my search for my personal Unicorn came to fruition, these two elements left me no choice but to rethink this build.

The Powdercoat Black just needed a little love with some cutting compound, and then Polish, i saved the best of the decals and replaced the rest.

Didnt really follow a spec build of any sort, other than the theory of
" if it looks right it is right".

There were some difficulties in sourcing some of the parts, the saddle being one of them.

The Brake set is very similar to Campag but are Grafton, i must confess i did use the Campag cable hangers for this, but they will end up getting swapped out eventually for the Unicorns build.

Im glad i finally finished it though, it sat on my work bench for 5 months.. :oops:

sinnerman":1od2c0r5 said:

There were some difficulties in sourcing some of the parts, the saddle being one of them.

The Brake set is very similar to Campag but are Grafton, i must confess i did use the Campag cable hangers for this, but they will end up getting swapped out eventually for the Unicorns build.

Im glad i finally finished it though, it sat on my work bench for 5 months.. :oops:

And quite right too. It all looks right that's for sure!

The Campag cable hangers threw me as I did think they were Graftons :oops: Whatever they are it's fantastic mate.

I bet it rides well?

Giom6":udlpdzpu said:
sinnerman":udlpdzpu said:

And quite right too. It all looks right that's for sure!

The Campag cable hangers threw me as I did think they were Graftons :oops: Whatever they are it's fantastic mate.

I bet it rides well?

I have done two 1 hour rides in the forestry commission, and an hour this afternoon on our old stomping ground, at bluebell woods.

I had to adjust the chain and make a few adjustments, but its cool now, despite its weight, it asks for abuse, and give me the confidence to want to be hard with it, almost like i have no fear to ride it a little harder than some of the others.

And yet it is also, to my mind agile, and in typical E-stay fashion a good climber.

So far i can honestly say i think it could be a regular rider for me, it just feels substantial.

Good that its come up trumps as a regular rider. I'm hoping the Saracen - although not in the same league - wil be similar, that too will weigh as. Much as a tank but should be quite chuck able as its an e-stay and the reach if quite short.

Bluebell woods, now that brings back some memories of some sunny summer rides. You're so lucky to still live round there...

Back