1989 Orange Formula - pic update

sylus":uzbcxrjt said:
I hope orange helped out if they are after borrowing it for photo shoots :D

why dont they use Rodger and Lesters mates formula...., hes owned it from new, its still original, albeit hes has mounted slicks and uses it on his turbo trainer.

Im keen to see this one finished, fresh neon on fillet......its goina be LUSH.

Whilst you have been waiting, have you completed your spec choices Adrian..?

Some snippets of info on the 'Formula' I found in June '89 MBUK.

Very small article and the picture was tiny but tried to enlarge it (unsuccessfully, mind... :oops: ) so it could be seen a bit better - shame its black and white piccy, though...

p1080012hf.jpg

p1080013b.jpg

p1080011b.th.jpg
[/URL]

p1080011b.jpg

:D

Giom6":10a5mwdb said:
Any updates on the Formula Adrian?

Not heard from Kevin but I've been away for a couple of weeks - will give him a call tomorrow.

sinnerman":10a5mwdb said:

Saddle: Rolls (white)
Group set: Deore XTII (7 speed/thumbies/two finger brake levers)
Wheels: XT/MA40
Tyres: TIMBUK II
Bars/Grips: Prestige/Grab-On
Seatpost: ???????

Dossa":10a5mwdb said:

Very small article and the picture was tiny but tried to enlarge it (unsuccessfully, mind... :oops: ) so it could be seen a bit better - shame its black and white piccy, though...

wow! Dossa - thanks for going to the trouble of posting that! :cool:

It looks to have a monostay, different to mine - perhaps this is one of the first two made by Dave Yates? I am sure sinnerman will have some thoughts on that!

Looks to have a Suntour XC seat post - that could help me out as a decent 27.2mm one is proving elusive and I think the Suntour posts are much better bits of kit and slightly easier to come by. Also I saw that the Tushingham works replica has a Suntour seatpost too.

nevadasmith":22xp17dz said:
Giom6":22xp17dz said:
Any updates on the Formula Adrian?

Not heard from Kevin but I've been away for a couple of weeks - will give him a call tomorrow.

sinnerman":22xp17dz said:

Saddle: Rolls (white)
Group set: Deore XTII (7 speed/thumbies/two finger brake levers)
Wheels: XT/MA40
Tyres: TIMBUK II
Bars/Grips: Prestige/Grab-On
Seatpost: ???????

Dossa":22xp17dz said:

wow! Dossa - thanks for going to the trouble of posting that! :cool:

It looks to have a monostay, different to mine - perhaps this is one of the first two made by Dave Yates? I am sure sinnerman will have some thoughts on that!

Looks to have a Suntour XC seat post - that could help me out as a decent 27.2mm one is proving elusive and I think the Suntour posts are much better bits of kit and slightly easier to come by. Also I saw that the Tushingham works replica has a Suntour seatpost too.

Mate i have a Suntour seatpost, but for the life of me i cant think of the size, i will check tomorrow and let you know.

Spoke to Kevin today.... it's in progress. One anomaly with the frame that I didn't post about before was a 'star' braze over one of the bottle bosses - I agreed with Kevin that it would be good to have it removed to see why it was added. Anyhow it turns out that it looks like a repair - the tube is torn underneath it, so now it has been replaced with a slightly bigger one and one on each of the other bosses for good measure.

Picking it up next week hopefully :cool:

Wheels are being built, tyres have arrived :)

nevadasmith":117wc4pl said:
Spoke to Kevin today.... it's in progress. One anomaly with the frame that I didn't post about before was a 'star' braze over one of the bottle bosses - I agreed with Kevin that it would be good to have it removed to see why it was added. Anyhow it turns out that it looks like a repair - the tube is torn underneath it, so now it has been replaced with a slightly bigger one and one on each of the other bosses for good measure.

Picking it up next week hopefully :cool:

Wheels are being built, tyres have arrived :)

All sounding good mate, im getting more excited at the outcome than i should i think... :oops:

Who did you decide to do the paint work in the end...? is that still to be done, or is next week FRAME delivery time...?

Back