My First Cook Bros

dongward

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Have been looking for a crank for my build for a long time: It's 'ye olde' dream parts build with all those parts I couldn't afford back in the mid 90's. I'd had a set of Middleburn which were nice but fancied something a bit more 'sculpted' and 'flowing'. Grafton's were nice but didn't do it for me so I decided on Cook Bros. Lo and behold after waiting for a nice set of silver 'E' cranks, a set of 'F' cranks show up on ebay. A bid of £93 inc postage saw my first Cook Bros on it's way to me. They came with really good nick Raceface rings which I sold for £35 so ended up costing me £58 in the end which I'm pretty stoked about. Just need a good clean and polish!

Attachments

• SNB20454.JPG
    SNB20454.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 779
  • SNB20455.JPG
    SNB20455.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 779
  • SNB20453.JPG
    SNB20453.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 779
Very nice fella. The 'F' cranks are a bit of an oddity, the are probably the most useable Cook bros cranks because they are forged, and yet they are not really sought after, possibly because they were made just after the period most people think of as retro, or possibly because they don't have the classic cook bros shape. Anyway - they're cool and they should last longer than a set of CBR's, enjoy.

Back