BOTM Nov 2012. Entries open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...spoke gate rules that out Laughing (you'd probably be best getting that sorted before you ride it anywhere - could lay waste to a nice NOS rim and ruin that paint!)"

Someone please explain the spokes-thing to this clearly slow, age challenged, builder of quite a few wheels? Not having the parallel spokes adjoining the valve hole is simply an aesthetic issue. Even not crossing doesn't make a lot of difference (I'm pretty sure that some early machine-built wheels were thus).

oldave":3s23yefp said:
"...spoke gate rules that out Laughing (you'd probably be best getting that sorted before you ride it anywhere - could lay waste to a nice NOS rim and ruin that paint!)"

Someone please explain the spokes-thing to this clearly slow, age challenged, builder of quite a few wheels? Not having the parallel spokes adjoining the valve hole is simply an aesthetic issue. Even not crossing doesn't make a lot of difference (I'm pretty sure that some early machine-built wheels were thus).

If you look closely at the rear wheel the key spoke is misplaced. Realistically, I think this just mean's you have a lot less space to work with when your pumping up your tire, however it would bug the hell out of me if I'd built the wheel...it's one of those thing's ;)
More importantly, if you look at the picture of the front wheel laying on it's side the bottom side is the problem. Lovely 2 cross pattern however the trailing spokes should be laced at the 2nd cross on the outside of the leading spoke's (like was done on the opposite side of the wheel) not remaining on the inside on both of the two crosses - taco time :shock:

The first bit I saw/got - wouldn't bother me (altho' I've never built one "wrong" in that way!). My eyes clearly not good enough to see the second bit - but yes it sounds more serious than just appearance!

Huelse":tklimvnu said:

Also, spoke hole is not aligned to hub label!
should this be so? ..I'm not soooooo fetish mate :LOL:

but fortunately I can put the hub label wherever I want ;)

hb1.jpg

Nader":1gtecqmk said:
Huelse":1gtecqmk said:

Also, spoke hole is not aligned to hub label!
should this be so? ..I'm not soooooo fetish mate :LOL:

but fortunately I can put the hub label wherever I want ;)

hb1.jpg

why do you hate doing things correctly?

nevadasmith":3d4dmpjy said:
.... Nader's white Klein is nice too but spoke gate rules that out :LOL: ...
:mrgreen:
This KLEIN is not here to win, but just to keep the BOTM interresting.
BOTM only win the bikes that are for mass and not for individualists! :cool:

Canuck":3my80c0d said:
More importantly, if you look at the picture of the front wheel laying on it's side the bottom side is the problem. Lovely 2 cross pattern however the trailing spokes should be laced at the 2nd cross on the outside of the leading spoke's (like was done on the opposite side of the wheel) not remaining on the inside on both of the two crosses - taco time :shock:
you have very sharp eyes mate! :shock:

......now it got back spoked normal, just look here please

hb2.jpg

hb3.jpg

That was not a mistake but a feature (because of different spoke length ..had ordered wrong lenght)
You can also lace at this way, just the obtaining the superior wheel balance is a bit more tricky.

Cheers

Nader":mcpwe32i said:
Canuck":mcpwe32i said:
you have very sharp eyes mate! :shock:

......now it got back spoked normal, just look here please

hb2.jpg

hb3.jpg

That was not a mistake but a feature (because of different spoke length ..had ordered wrong lenght)
You can also lace at this way, just the obtaining the superior wheel balance is a bit more tricky.

Cheers

I know you like to make things up, but now you're just being silly

and you've managed to make your wheel even worse than it was before

go look at some other wheels. specifically at where they overlap on the final cross and compare it yours

hollister":1jpk2voh said:
go look at some other wheels. specifically at where they overlap on the final cross and compare it yours
well I think I will now go into bike room and compare the wheels, there are 16 other bikes
...there is just one small problem, all these bikes I also have spoked! :roll::LOL:

..............You are a real joker :LOL:

AND now back to topic please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back