1997 Schwinn Homegrown...lovely

eshew

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just showing off a 97 Schwinn Homegrown (USA made) that recently popped up on CL on the east coast. Beautiful.

Attachments

• NHschwinn.jpg
    NHschwinn.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 618
Rather Nice.. Don't see Schwinn this side of the Atlantic in great numbers.
being a 97 model it still has Canti cable hangers, and marks that point that MTB's started to irrevocably change.
I'm surprised to see Bombers on the front end of a US built bike rather RS Judys, were they swapped out for a reason ?

B.T.W love the Rasta cranks

I talked with the owner. The frame was purchased and but up by him. White Industries hubs, marz forks, kooka cranks, nuke proof stem, etc.Certainly not a stock build. I've got a 2001 homegrown and its certainly less exciting then this.

I

eshew":149bskrf said:
I talked with the owner. The frame was purchased and but up by him. White Industries hubs, marz forks, kooka cranks, nuke proof stem, etc.Certainly not a stock build. I've got a 2001 homegrown and its certainly less exciting then this.

I

Nice components on that build there. I remember Schwinn from in it's autumn days (as for as the British market is concerned). They were pulling out of the MTB market in Britain when I was starting to become more heavily involved in the sport.

I came very close to buying a Schwinn Moab some time ago, but I felt that what I really wanted was one of the 'Homegrown' range of bikes. As previously mentioned, they're are quite difficult to find on these shores, they don't turn up for sale very often at all.

Back