KHS Montana Team 1992

KHS

Remember lusting after then back then, I remember MBUK rating the team issue top bike 3 years in a row, at any price. They were really light and the Navy blue looked really purposeful among all the Neon eyeball searing paintjobs of the time.

Awesome think i have a KHS cap with bike of the year on that :roll: its been years mate since iv'e seen it, i'm looking for it now :LOL:

It is very nice looking paint job, but can easily get scratched it has like 3 layers paint white then pink then blue over that to make this paint job, they must have used so much paint and probably would have saved a pound in weight i they only had one colour :LOL:

Nice! I have a KHS Montana Pro that I owned from new, definitely underrated frames, neutral riding behaviour, fantastic climber, the True Temper tubing is very comfortable, but still a racy frame with a long top tube and a spirit that motivates you every corner and downhill to go faster!

They are great bikes yours is a lot prettier than mine - a KHS Montana Comp owned since new in 1994, (£600 BIG spend then) great bike and many enjoyable rides, this ones taken this summer up on the Malvern hills. B Windy though.
Still on original pedals with Toe clips (new balls this year!).
After 18 years of KHS I have invested in another :- a 29er Full Suss Flagstaff which brings me up to date in one foul swoop, yet to get used to setting it all up but does seem a little easier to ride. The Comp stays part of the stable, hope the new one last as well.

Attachments

• KHS-Comp-Malvern.jpg
    KHS-Comp-Malvern.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 509
troje":25w9q4n8 said:
Nice! I have a KHS Montana Pro that I owned from new, definitely underrated frames, neutral riding behaviour, fantastic climber, the True Temper tubing is very comfortable, but still a racy frame with a long top tube and a spirit that motivates you every corner and downhill to go faster!

That is so true mate :D mine almost feels like a road bike very strange riding is some times head down just trying to get that little extra out of it, and it just gives more :D ialway end up letting it down though these days :LOL: :LOL:

KHSrider":r1qruise said:
They are great bikes yours is a lot prettier than mine - a KHS Montana Comp owned since new in 1994, (£600 BIG spend then) great bike and many enjoyable rides, this ones taken this summer up on the Malvern hills. B Windy though.
Still on original pedals with Toe clips (new balls this year!).
After 18 years of KHS I have invested in another :- a 29er Full Suss Flagstaff which brings me up to date in one foul swoop, yet to get used to setting it all up but does seem a little easier to ride. The Comp stays part of the stable, hope the new one last as well.

Awesome picture mate i remember the classic and seeing this veiw, was that a recent picture looks great :D

Re: KHS

Wold Ranger said:
Remember lusting after then back then, I remember MBUK rating the team issue top bike 3 years in a row, at any price. They were really light and the Navy blue looked really purposeful among all the Neon eyeball searing paintjobs of the time.[/quote

Found this cap i thought i had it hidden :D

Attachments

• xtrritcheybits19 003.JPG
    xtrritcheybits19 003.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 241
  • xtrritcheybits19 002.JPG
    xtrritcheybits19 002.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 241
Back