Help with Marin frame numbers please!

My Marin
Serial No. M62HA0078
M - marvel
6 - Muirwoods
2 - 92

20120614_205830.jpg

can I figure out the serial# Sherlock style?

My 2005 Marin Novato bike was stolen a couple of days ago, a complete bummer :cry: . I had not the foresight to write down the serial#. However, I have a hi-res picture of the bike that allows me see the last number clearly which is a 5, and the number previous to that as perhaps a 2. I also know the year =05, and perhaps a B because it is 15" or 38cm. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Hopefully one of you guys can help me identify my new bike?

I've just purchased it and I've got no idea what model it is. Here are the details:

The frame number is F156GSD019, it's got the word Novato on the top tube and Urban 01.2 on the down tube.

The Novato range still exist I think but I've no idea how old my new bike is or what frame it is.

Any help much appreciated! :)

Thanks
Matt

So...to add to the confusion!

My 1991 Team Marin A10JE0008...

A = ???
1 = Team Issue
0 =1990
JE = Month/day
0 = frame size?
008 = ???

wookiee":ou7iqqa2 said:

A = ???
1 = Team Issue
0 =1990
JE = Month/day
0 = frame size?
008 = ???

This explains why yours is actually a 'Team Marin' rather than a 'Team Issue';

FluffyChicken":ou7iqqa2 said:
The number codes where given for about '93/'94 iirc of this thread and worked from the top model down.
In 1991, there was not Team Issue* so Team Marin would = 1, Pine Mountain = 2, ... etc...

nevadasmith":10tgs4tn said:
wookiee":10tgs4tn said:

A = ???
1 = Team Issue
0 =1990
JE = Month/day
0 = frame size?
008 = ???

This explains why your is actually a 'Team Marin' rather than a 'Team Issue'

FluffyChicken":10tgs4tn said:
The number codes where given for about '93/'94 iirc of this thread and worked from the top model down.
In 1991, there was not Team Issue* so Team Marin would = 1, Pine Mountain = 2, ... etc...

Ahh ok but the "A" still a mystery!

thanks for the info - nice to keep the debate going, I didnt encounter any other paint when I stripped back the current pain to get to the metal - I think the hammerite stuff, had a layer of lacuer on it, as whe I scrapped it back, the blow torch easy softened the paint after that, Might do the whole frame now.

marin numbers

i picked up a rough marin palisades the other week but the numbers don't add up to the bike,they are A50IEO150 can anybody shine some light on them?

Can you bung up some rough photos so we can work out at least what year. The pre-1990 ones seem to have more variable numbering.

Back