Show us what you did today, thread

It is not just a knob you turn for the lock out it is a spring loaded thing on the top cap that will only work with a cable so I think any old thumbie should work?

You are meant to use a pop lock but they seem to be very expensive :roll:

clockworkgazz":2cpv34h8 said:
:LOL: :LOL:

A big Fat Surly love in!

Great pics where were you FFTC? Looks stunning.

It's only gonna get worse. :LOL: I have another on the way. :oops:

First pic is Glenfeshie.

Third pic is Loch Eanaich and second is on the way up to it. Both rides from the wild Scotland MTB book.
A lot of the tracks on the Glenfeshie route were badly damaged by motorised vehicles and some of it was just too steep for me on a ss, so overall not a great ride, but nice to blow out the 150 mile drive.
Next day was the trip up to Loch Eanaich. Really enjoyed that one. As the book says nice wild feeling to it without any complex navigation and reasonable tracks all the way. :cool:

Gazz those links are definitely worth clicking on, brilliant :D
Heres my favourite pic.
Img2.jpg

Went for a ride round the coast at Tentsmuir forest. Cold but bright. Great fun riding frozen sand dune and even the forest wasn't too muddy.

IMG_0117 by steven.clubb, on Flickr

IMG_0120 by steven.clubb, on Flickr

Loads of seals basking on sandbar but crap zoom on iphone meant photos didn't come out. Also spent a while watching the Typhoon jets pulling crazy tight turns a low altitude while doing approach runs to Leuchars.

Clubby I was out meself this afternoon at Blairadam, didnt cough or puke once, not much strength in me legs at first. Was riding like a girl/Keithyr at first then I started getting in the grove, a few favourite routes are changing weather/MTB erosion, the new'ish bit that starts at the cross road is going to f#ck I guess its becoming very popular :?
Trees are still falling, if you have a little brake from the place (like me) it dont half change its appearance/character when you get back. Ground was still frozen (p.m.) so the going wasn't to bad in fact I nearly managed to ride right across the marshy bit to the fire road :shock:

All in all not a bad afternoon, never felt cold and my feet kept dry.

Back