DownHill/free ride Marin whats best at the mo?

mrpedigree

Retro Guru
Guys i am considering buying a modern Marin Downhill/free ride bike, am a bit of a marin man so in your opinion whats the best bike they have made in recent years ?
I am a bit out of touch,but want to know what would be the equivalent to my 1998 Marin Team DH below ??

Picture101.jpg

I dont post much more of a lurker lol, nice Marin you have just now.

This is my contribution to the thread, Marin Quake 7.1 with shivers

P1020243.jpg

cheeze":1mf624ug said:
I dont post much more of a lurker lol, nice Marin you have just now.

This is my contribution to the thread, Marin Quake 7.1 with shivers

P1020243.jpg
God me like him a lot ,nice mate :shock: :xmas-cool:

cheeze":2oqoh2z1 said:
Thanks mate, she climbs not to bad also but you feel it on the legs, but goes down a dream
I dont hurt my old team cause its a bit old and rare so shes got a pampered life ,so i am gonna buy me a late one so i can beat fcuk out of it :LOL:
Would rather buy a complete bike tho instead of messing about with a frame ?
What sort of year would i be looking for ?? cause they seem to have stopped doing the free ride bikes in the 2012 catalogue anyway :?

mrpedigree":1ethrdkf said:
they seem to have stopped doing the free ride bikes in the 2012 catalogue anyway :?

It's called all mountain these days, or all marketing :p if you're sticking with marin, the attack trail is a great bike.

They use the quad link on XC bikes too. For DH / FR stuff I'd get a Quake frame of some sort. Not sure hey sold all that well, so there my not be loads around for sale.

i had a 08 mount vision with the rp23 pro pedal thingy. it rode lovely....until i had a go on a 2010 gary fisher something or other i nearly cried it was so much better have a good look around theres plenty to be had. the big hits from spesh are meant to be good as well

Back