Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

bikemeister2000":1rehoahd said:
ibbz":1rehoahd said:
True say, I've come to my senses!
Basics I think - as the other stuff is Fine, I'll leave the thumbies and everything else bar a few bits and bobs.
I've bought a new Titanium bar, a Syncros cattle prod stem, and a pair of eggbeater pedals.

All I need now is a a seta post and saddle.

Eventually I'll replace the V brakes and levers for XTR ones from the mid 90ies - that's about it!

I'd go for a USE post and a Flite Ti saddle.

Cheers man, I bought (from retrobike) a Flite Ti saddle, dynatech ti bar, x-lite seat post and eggbeater pedals.
And from ebay, Syncros cattle prod stem, x-lite shim, and when it's all put together I'll post some Pictures!
:)

Thanks for your help my friends!

I think I'll change the brake levers, and possibly the brakes too - any suggestions? (it has LX V brakes, and I'd prefer V brakes)

What were those single digit Avids called? I remember some being in anodized flashy colours

My endless list of Questions contiues!
:oops:
So don't get annoyed chaps!

I was wondering about the Forks, the RS Mag 21's on the bike.
What (better) alternatives were there at the time which would fit the Dynatech MT4 ?

And in later on in the 90ies and currently, what other examples are there of forks which would fit the MT4 and the (threaded) mavic headset?

ibbz":3c573r9l said:
My endless list of Questions contiues!
:oops:
So don't get annoyed chaps!

I was wondering about the Forks, the RS Mag 21's on the bike.
What (better) alternatives were there at the time which would fit the Dynatech MT4 ?

And in later on in the 90ies and currently, what other examples are there of forks which would fit the MT4 and the (threaded) mavic headset?

Forks would have been straight bladed 653 same colour as the heat tube.

You could go for an early Pace sus fork.

This is my 92 Diablo i picked up a few months ago, got it for a good price so could'nt resist!!

Would much prefer an Encounter or MT3 as i had one when i was a bairn, this will do for now though!!

Attachments

• IMG_20121105_195153.jpg
    IMG_20121105_195153.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 524
Back