Sonic cycles restoration.

I'm edging towards RAL 2004 as i have 5 litres of it spare at work, plus 5 litres of gloss clearcoat :D
I think that should be enough for 2 frames? :LOL: :LOL:

Re: .

Grannygrinder":36j6cbc8 said:
I'm edging towards RAL 2004 as i have 5 litres of it spare at work, plus 5 litres of gloss clearcoat :D
I think that should be enough for 2 frames? :LOL: :LOL:

And you tell me this after I have waited months for my Roberts to be sprayed :roll:

I wouldn't spray mine, but i do have access to paint :D
I think if i had not ummed and ahh'd about what to do Jose would have it finished by now, you should defo go and see him ;)

Re: .

Grannygrinder":3n2mv29d said:
I wouldn't spray mine, but i do have access to paint :D
I think if i had not ummed and ahh'd about what to do Jose would have it finished by now, you should defo go and see him ;)

I may get him to respray one of my Yates, as it is purple and white and I really don't like purple.

I'm hopefully getting this painted next week.
I've got loads of paint at work but most if it is various shades of grey and cream for the industiral stuff we paint.
But also in the shed i found a nice mid green, emerald i think you would call it, i can't remember the RAL number.
Fluro orange, which isn't as fluro as it sounds but is very orange(currently top of my list).
Ultramrine which is really vivid purple/blue, its a lot nicer than it sounds.
Poppy red.
Silver
White
Black

The build is going to be mostly 600 Tricolour with silver post, bars and stem.
Chainset and rims/spokes are black.
I have a nice dark brown suede saddle i was hoping to use but i really don't want to use brown bar tape :?
As i say, top of my current list is Orange and it has been almost from the beginning as i think it will be great against the black of the wheels.
Let me know what you think and any shots of complete bikes to give me an idea of what works together and more importantly what really doesn't work would be great :D

I voted Orange.

Red would be next on my list, but then I already have one orange and two red bikes, so I could be biased.

Black works with both orange and red... and black, so your on pretty safe ground there.

Your frame bares a remarkable resemblence to my Claud Butler 853!

Same lugs and seat cluster, just the rear drop-outs differ

I too went for as much NOS 600 as my paypal could stand at the time.

sonic_012_115.jpg

claud_butler_1_101.jpg

lovely_bb_192.jpg

lovely_lugs_2_145.jpg

sonic_010_150.jpg

That is close :shock: same fork crown aswell i think although the legs are different.
If i didn't know 100% what it was already i'd have settled for a CB :D
Is the CB 531c?

Is there any chance Sonic were making frames for CB at the time?

Or were they just all buying their lugs from the same manufacturer?

That's a good looking bike LGF, I'm becoming a big fan of 853 as I have a road bike and two mtb's made of the stuff, and very nice they are too.

Back