Whole bike or split? Raleigh Quadra.

Hmca

Dirt Disciple
Hi.

New to the forum but not to biking.

I took the retro bug during my October break as i dug out my brothers 1985 Raleigh Team Cadet.

So i now have a mk1 burner to custom and a Raleigh Team Panasonic 531c to build up - the Cadets bigger brother!

I had always wanted an '89 Raleigh Quadra so got one of those too!

The problem is that the Quadra is too big for me - 60cm frame - but it is factory spec Shimano 105 throughout and totally mint! Even with stock reflective tyres, original pump and one remaining water bottle. The components are pristine, even the annodised rims and it was great to see biopace again. The frame is straight and ding free although has a bit of natural age to it.

My problem is,
Do i sell the Quadra as a whole? and believe me it is awesome.
Or do i split it, making up the Panasonic team and sell the frame/remaining parts?

Thoughts please.

But there's plenty of parts, groups, etc about. Sell the Quadra and spend the funds on the Panasonic which should really have 600ex or Campagnolo anyway ;)

I'm with Tel on this 100%. The Quadra looks right with 105 because that's how it came originally. The Team Panasonic would look odd with 105 no matter how good the stuff is and I think you'd eventually agree once you'd lived with it for a while. Plus, as Tel also said, if it's that mint as a whole bike it would be a shame to strip it as well as being more attractive to a collector.
Sell it whole, buy some 600ex (or NR if you really must!)

Have taken the good advice on the forum and decided to sell.
It's currently in the bike for sale section - check it out.

Back