New Member saying Hello

KHSrider

Dirt Disciple
Hello!,
New to this Forum, making my 1st Post.

Been riding my Montana Comp since purchase in 1994 mainly
during Caravan holidays in Scotland, Wales & anywhere we go.

Now retired and getting out in the van and on the bike a bit more with recent visits to Clumber Park. Decided to treat my self to a new KHS Flagstaff 29er in retirement and last weekend went to Woburn Sands on a Get Mountain Biking Core Skills course (getting the Full Susser very mucky) they advised me about this Forum, so here I am.
I also have a King of Mercia road bike (in Bright Yellow) but don't get out on that as much as the others.
Hope to enjoy the banter with like minded members and get useful information on Bikes as I'm about 18 years out of date.
Clive

Welcome to Retrobike. The course at Woburn Sands sounds interesting. Who runs it?

We're still 18 years out of date, so you're in good company.
I'm sure a few people ride Sherwood/Clumber area every now and again. Also pop into the East Midlands area.

I'm not lincs, but ridden some good rides with the Lincs lot, dwindled in numbers around the Lincoln area but I do know they are down there.

Have you still got the old comp ?

Thanks for the welcome.
REKIBorter
Here is the link to GMB http://www.getmountainbiking.co.uk/ I used some Tesco Vouchers to get the course (£70) and have some planned for a guided day ride around Mam tour next year.

FluffyChicken
Yep still got the comp, its part of the furniture. Only got the new one a couple of weeks ago and was not sure which to take or use on the course. After a quick comparison ride on a local BMX track built for the young ones (whilst they were all at school :oops: ) It seemed a lot easier on the 29er so I took both and decided it would make sense to use the new one even though it got plastered and wore off paint due to cable rubs, must get them re-routed and some protection on the frame. :) I'll search or put a post up on that topic for advice.

Back