Whiskey town racer (DONE)

It's a dry build at the mo the front wheels laced correctly but as Antstark said the qr is on back to front(I did this to show the components used) & it only takes 5 mins to fettle!

T

Exeter Man":2h27k06v said:
twain":2h27k06v said:
Please don't take this personally

sentences that begin like this always end up provoking!

He he. Another good one is "No offence, but ........"

Nice build BTW ;)

Regards

My favourite is "with all due respect....."

Antstark":1hsmq3rp said:
Why is that incorrectly laced? QR is on the wrong way round sure......but the wheel build looks fine.

Also......how else do you learn if not by making mistakes.

On a rim brake front wheel in a cross pattern the outer spokes should trail and the inner spokes lead so that there is symmetry on both sides of the hub. This wheel is laced wrong on one side and is ultimately less strong. It’s a common mistake when building front wheels and it would have been nice if the wheel builder had spotted the error prior to tensioning it up.

It should be a lovely bike when done, I just don’t think the photos show the same attention to detail in putting it together as is shown in selecting the parts. I’m sure ultimately its will all come together nicely but there’s also nothing more frustrating than damaging your paint putting the front derailleur in the wrong spot or stripping a chain ring bolt because you put your chain ring in the wrong position, especially as it takes just as much effort to do it right first time as do it wrong.

There is plenty of easily accessible information out there from other peoples’ mistakes so it is possible to learn without repeating them.

Andrewl I bow to your superior knowledge, I live & i learn!

Cheers T

Yeah he is right about the wheel.......I should really pay more attention ...to errmmm...the detail :D

Tc":26s2xjrp said:
Andrewl I bow to your superior knowledge, I live & i learn!

Cheers T

i saw your bike yesterday in melksham cycle centre (i was in the mechanics area when you bought it in).
was not drooling over it at all :LOL:

lovely bike you have (and the tubes are nearly as skinny as my duster/it was locked up outside the shop).

enjoy riding it :)

racefaceec90":14mlh9n3 said:
i saw your bike yesterday in melksham cycle centre (i was in the mechanics area when you bought it in).
was not drooling over it at all :LOL:

lovely bike you have (and the tubes are nearly as skinny as my duster/it was locked up outside the shop).

enjoy riding it :)

I was looking at your bike outside :D

Small world, I did see you chatting to Dave I think, you should have said hello!

Great shop too Btw.

Tc

Yeh I'm having to work every Saturday at the mo Neil so wouldn't get a chance to pop over to yours!

Soz mate

T

Back