Yet another Roberts D.O.G.S... of a rebuild

matt24777":2o3ss5bj said:
Looking forward to seeing it when it does return to you :D :D :D

You and me both ;)

The choice seemed pretty sensible at the time; Chas built the frame, so was really the best person to asses the damage that was there and perform the repair.

I'll have to see if I get a phone call in the morning.... but I'm not holding my breath.

Fascinating the way some topics polarise peoples' points of view so dramatically... :eek:

Have to say though, no matter how good (and there have been many threads on here by those who were not happy with the finished article...), seven months+ is taking the p*ss more than a little!

When you go to these people for a quote they should tell you when they can actually get around to working on your item...

...not take it in then put it on a rack until they can fit it in; because even if the damn thing was completely dismantled, rebuilt and gold-plated, there are only hours worth of work put into it, not months !

Compared to this...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=227102

...where a good proportion of the time appears to have been taken up with shipping it half way around the World and back again.

I suspect the aforementioned 'cost effectiveness' in the case of the OP is reflected in the actual amount of time spent on each work order during the timescale experienced. :?

Can't help but picture the Nannas 'knitting' Shreddies in the TV adverts... ;)

hi. all i'm going to say is if it took a car to a repair centre say for a front end smack you would expect it back with in a week or two, so 7 months to replace a top tube and get a seized bb out and a basic respray seems a bit long really.
cheers dave

It's all about an individuals perception of an acceptable lead time.
After reading the thread I understand the repair and spray was quoted to be 5 weeks at one point, so understandably 7 months later would be a disappointment. It's about signposting customers, never over-promise something that can't be delivered.
The bickering between members on here can leave a sour taste but remember an opinion is an entitlement, but it doesn't equate to being right or wrong :p

7 months is taking the pee after they quoted 5 weeks. Having only just read the full thread I agree with bb on this one. Saying all that, looking forward to seeing the result.

brocklanders023":1a50kxvu said:
7 months is taking the pee after they quoted 5 weeks. Having only just read the full thread I agree with bb on this one. Saying all that, looking forward to seeing the result.

When i was talking to BB, i was actually using my own bike and experience with Argos as the example, and my bike taking 7 months to do.

At no Point was i making ref to Neils bike. As i said ref mine, only the builder and the owner can know whats been asked and said, and every bike is different.

Back