Does anyone ever reply on Pinkbike?

tonedeaf101

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have messaged 2 UK sellers on Pinkbike about shifters they are selling, both have read, both have just ignored. Whats all that about?

Yes but really dont expect too much from there. Its very common for users to do that on there. No idea why. I just pm ???? until they reply which is normally after i have already found what i am looking for which results in abuse from them.
Manners isnt it. Or lack of.

Well you can get some awesome bargains on there! Just expect the worst from it and the it can only get better. If your in a rush for parts it may not be the best place as indicated but otherwise it has come good for a lot of things for me.
It has a very large user base though.

Pinkbike is great, I've had some real bargains but it does seem to be populated with younger riders who actually have social lives and as such they are very slow in responding. As for getting the little scrotes to actually send anything.....I'm waitong and have been for 2 weeks a set of forks, first the guy couldn't post for three days until the paypal payment had been put into his bank account because he's skint, he then said it would be posted on the 2nd Nov, yesterday he sent me a message saying he posted the forks on Tuesday and forgot to remonve the bolt on stem which wasn't in the sale and needs it for his other bike so when I get the forks could I send it back, he can't pay the postage but 'you got the forks for a good price mate so you can pay'. Can anyone guess what my response was ?

B77":1xph80qd said:
yesterday he sent me a message saying he posted the forks on Tuesday and forgot to remonve the bolt on stem which wasn't in the sale and needs it for his other bike so when I get the forks could I send it back, he can't pay the postage but 'you got the forks for a good price mate so you can pay'. Can anyone guess what my response was ?
If your response to him was anything other than 'piss off, you made the mistake so pay your own postage', I would be dissapointed :twisted:
Jeez, just some manners from the lad would probably have made that situation a painless one.

It's not just restricted to PinkBike it happens on here alot. My new tactic might be to PM bomb them into submission.

Best way to get someone's attention in a PM on Pinkbike is to start the message with "WHAT'S UR BIGGEST HUCK????".

Kids. :roll:

Latest posts

Back