Bike Couriers , the best and cheapest ?

mrpedigree":13q3hgmp said:
sylus":13q3hgmp said:
senditnow.com works a treat..part of parcelforce

usual packing..front wheel, saddle and pedals off, pack well and ponce a box off the lbs or halfords..shuld be about 15-18 depending on insurance?
How heavy would that team marin be in a box ?? 11 kg-12kg ?
13-14 maybe. What's the bike weight? Then add 1 or 2 kg for packaging

I always used to put 13 for an ali and 14 for steel

the funny thing about send it now is that they are part of the parcel force. Parcel force demand measurement and weight but sendit now were more concerened about weight. I'd put in 14kg and you should be safe..get a quote for 13 also to see if there is a difference but 13-14 should see you right and takes about 2-3 days.

The driver just turns up and says alright mate then loads it...also select the driver brings the label option but make sure you ahve address on an a4 piece of paper so the spanners can see the right way up :LOL:

I just sent a frame with senditnow.com, 5kg with packaging, cost £14.50 for 24hr - by 17:30 next day.

And a 42" flat screen TV box, is about perfect for a frame, just in case your local Curry's is closer than your LBS. :D

The zaskar am sending was weighed at 15.6kg (including box and packaging) at the post office last week.
I was told if the box was 1.5m long or less then they would take it over the counter.
It was around 1.6/7m so they wouldn't take it,so I was handed a leaflet and told to call parcelforce direct.
The cost was £27 for parcel force 48h.

I've used Paisley freight 3 times without any problems...£21.50 for a bike any weight but downside is they do not specify a time for collection...

Back