Raleigh MK1 pro Hong Kong spec (heavy pics)

very, very nice. :cool:

Thanks for posting this on here. We don't get to see enough quality BMX restos on retrobike IMHO, and this one is certainly quality. ;)

Hmm contact a museum i guess and let them no what you have/have done.

I preferred the other wheels on it.

Why are the brake levers where they are?

stuntmaster":3uh8ipyj said:
look cool as

Hey thanks mate :)

firedfromthecircus":3uh8ipyj said:
very, very nice.

Thanks for posting this on here. We don't get to see enough quality BMX restos on retrobike IMHO, and this one is certainly quality.

Thanks mate and its my pleasure. Thanks for looking.

cyfa2809":3uh8ipyj said:
I preferred the other wheels on it.

Why are the brake levers where they are?

I prefer the spoked wheels too but these have a coaster tab brake so I don't have to wreck the rare dia compe NOS pads! Lol

I'm not to sure why they are down there! But they work really well! Quite comfy and you can get a good pull on them.

Thanks for all your great comments.[/quote]

Stunning, sort of missed out first time around as I was too old :oops: but remember the whole Raleigh range, my brother worked there, well he lasted a week (raleigh robots!!) then a mate in the 80s had one of their early mountain bikes out the workshop from him....

great photos, lovely detail, credit to you mate ;)

Tony

Hey Tony, thanks buddy

As a kid I used to love it when my Mum drove past the raleigh factory. "Rich that's where your bike (night burner) was made" she used to say.

Raleighleighar

hey some ride ya have there. i have just started a reco on mine. its not red but chrome and blue ano. 1 more to the list of 50+. im in oz, dont know of many here. Where is the best place to find a crank pedals and grips?? will keep ya updated with the pics of the bike from almost dead to the street.
leighar

1 more in oz

hey sick pics
I have a ride like this in oz. the beast has been under my house since i was 10. The frame is not red but chrome with blue ano neck rims and seat clamp. The rebuild is about to start and im in the hunt for a crank, cog, pedals and hubs. any help would be awesome. I have a cousin in the UK and mates in the states. where is the best place to find the goodness. I will post pics.
this will be my first rebuild and not my last. i also have some cool aussie made frames in the shed.
I have been thinking of maybe some red and yellow with the pedals and levers but not sure.
any ideas?

1 more in oz

hey sick pics
I have a ride like this in oz. the beast has been under my house since i was 10. The frame is not red but chrome with blue ano neck rims and seat clamp. The rebuild is about to start and im in the hunt for a crank, cog, pedals and hubs. any help would be awesome. I have a cousin in the UK and mates in the states. where is the best place to find the goodness. I will post pics.
this will be my first rebuild and not my last. i also have some cool aussie made frames in the shed.
I have been thinking of maybe some red and yellow with the pedals and levers but not sure.
any ideas?

Back