The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

gump":244go8ew said:
Feet are cheap to buy though, could be worse!

agree. he could have said. honesty in the description is not to much to ask?? i must be getting old. Oh the seller was a policeman :LOL:

off to maplin to buy feet again.

I'm probably going to go active with my Celestion 44s sooner or later. The question is whether to build half a dozen 'Death of Zen' class A amps for it, or a load of 2nd hand PA's like Quad 303's :D

Prior to this, I need to build my new workshop prior to that I need to dig out the old bush in the way!

I've problems with the speaker connections on an amp I have. They are the type you put the cable in a hole and give the plastic holder a quarter turn. A few of the plastic bits are knackered. I saw someone post a picture of a more modern design of clamp, can I just replace these without too much hassle do you think?

legrandefromage":18pr3ulg said:
I fitted a blue power led to my Quad 34 power amp and flogged it for £100 more than I paid for it...

Everyone knows blue LEDs sound best...

kaiser":2tankppe said:
I've problems with the speaker connections on an amp I have. They are the type you put the cable in a hole and give the plastic holder a quarter turn. A few of the plastic bits are knackered. I saw someone post a picture of a more modern design of clamp, can I just replace these without too much hassle do you think?

I saw replacements in Maplin for those. Look like screwdriver/soldering iron job

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back