Rockshox Psylo and XC/28 are they any good?

AmpresearchB3

Old School Hero
My knowledge of MTB parts finished around about 1995 ish so I have no idea what this modern stuff is.

The XC/28 know is worth about 80GBP or less. They're unused but I'm guessing they're as cheap as Zoom mountain bike suspension fork? Is a tenner a fair deal?

Rockshox Psylo feel very light in comparison to XC/28 but when you push down on them they move a fair bit then make an odd clunk? I'm guessing these are probably in need of a service? From what I've Googled these are a nightmare to service? / no longer possible to get parts?
The little adjuster at the bottom seems to turn and they seem to get a little stiffer but I really don't know what that bottom adjustment does.

Attachments

• 2012-11-14 22.27.51.jpg
    2012-11-14 22.27.51.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,353
Those XC28's are entry level forks so will have pretty unsophisticated damping and rebound control. I also think the stanchions will be steel hence the weight.

I had a pair of those Psylos a while back and if I remember correctly, there's not much to them. Not sure what that clunk means, but getting a professional service from the likes of TFT will probably cost more than the forks are worth. If I'm honest, I didn't think the forks were very good...one of my memories of them was a huge amount of flex.

Thanks guys will take apart the Psylo's and see what's if they are ok. Otherwise will chuck there or XC28's onto the station hack.

Back