Raleigh kelloggs pro tour frame number & date questi

Percybigun

Old School Hero
I have a mid-late 80's raleigh kelloggs pro tour, i've had it from new but cant remember the year i got it. Probably 87-89 ish.

I have the 88 catalogue and the model in there has some bits mine didnt, which makes me think mine is early 88? Also i've got the 87 catalogue and the kelloggs is not in there.

Mine has silver stem & calipers, hurret friction gears & exposed cable. The 88 catalogue shows white stem, shimano gears with SIS, white stem, black calipers & concealed brake cable. Otherwise its the same bike.

Mine has the reynolds 501 frame with crown top forks.

I cant fully see the frame number on the bottom of the frame because the gear cable runner is in the way. And its rivetted. I can see a number stamped in the side of the lower end of the seat tube, which is 8114877, can anyone decode this?

Does anyone know what years the kelloggs were made from & til?

No, like i said i've had it from new (and its not for sale, never has been and never will be lol). my query is about decoding the frame/serial number

Only trying to help...... :) until 1990 ish Raleigh's frame number has 2 letters denoting place and month of manufacture and then the year code. If the letters are obscured then it's a 1988 frame I would guess.

Shaun

Yeah i'm thinking its early 88, i got it for a birthday or xmas present in the late 80's. my birthday is october so i possibly got it late 88, it was probably sat in a raleigh dealers for a while which is why its got the older bits.

Here it is:

D53BE379-AB76-4B88-8A4F-9F825B1242C8-6692-000007F4AA5FCB14.jpg

I've (finally) been applying a new decal set and redone some of the paintwork today, so it now looks tidier than in the photo. I've still got all the old original parts off it, although some are mullered. Its had a fairly heavy life at times, only a few minor/slow falls (nothing nasty) and i cant beleive how well its lasted. It only had a couple of tiny surface rust spots (from chips not treated properly).

I got the frame number (from bottom of frame underneath), its 76806, is this definetely a 1988 bike then?

Here it is with the new decal set:

01249BE2-D441-4684-8BCA-3797CA1BB677-4284-00000631B3BEF981.jpg

5F8B762D-4E97-4229-A5B7-D8F3C7AC8354-4284-00000631A7310487.jpg

I have a mid-late 80's raleigh kelloggs pro tour, i've had it from new but cant remember the year i got it. Probably 87-89 ish.

I have the 88 catalogue and the model in there has some bits mine didnt, which makes me think mine is early 88? Also i've got the 87 catalogue and the kelloggs is not in there.

Mine has silver stem & calipers, hurret friction gears & exposed cable. The 88 catalogue shows white stem, shimano gears with SIS, white stem, black calipers & concealed brake cable. Otherwise its the same bike.

Mine has the reynolds 501 frame with crown top forks.

I cant fully see the frame number on the bottom of the frame because the gear cable runner is in the way. And its rivetted. I can see a number stamped in the side of the lower end of the seat tube, which is 8114877, can anyone decode this?

Does anyone know what years the kelloggs were made from & til?
Hi Percy,

I realise that this thread is close to 10 years old now, but I have just purchased a Pro tour myself.

Like you, I had another one as a kid, but unfortunately it got stolen.

I've bought one for sentimental reasons as it was the first bike my parents bought for me.

I've had a look online, but can't find that model in the 88 catalogues that have been scanned.

Can you help me find it please?

Thanks!

🦊

Back