Kona Raijin 29er

The more I thought about it the less clear it became :? I for some reason thought the Raijin was a kinda titanium honzo. Not sure where it came from though.

From some gumpf i read somewhere i was lead to believe its supposed to be a 100mm travel all day xc bike

Am 6'2" as well. Only wanted to try the whole 29er thing once I found out Kona were making another Ti frame and it was going to be 29"

IbocProSX":3qs016k3 said:
Nice one, lovely bike.

Have you been out with mates on 26" wheels at all? In the direct comparison the benefits were very obvious to me.

FWIW I'm down to 18 Psi Front - 20 rear Psi and often a bit lower than that as tires lose a bit of air .... YMMV Note there are not many rocks in Holland and I started with 25-26 psi a while ago tgoo. But I just kept going lower and lower, getting used to the feel and adjusting my style. I even got me a low pressure pump to have some resolution in the dial between 15 and 20 Psi.

The increases in comfort and traction resulting from dropping the last few Psi are significant.

Enjoy

Yeah personal taste, run mine about 25 and that works for my lardy arse and as the man says you really feel the difference esp if you are rigid up front.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It is a brilliant frame. I have more pics on my blog of all material collected. Only disc brakes and tires are pending. I will post some pics just before and after assembly the complete bike. It will be soon!

Great looking bike. I wish that I had bought the used Raijin (in your size) that was for sale locally here - it is such a cool all-rounder. No crazy geometry, raked out forks, etc. - just a fun, zippy ride. My hunt continues!

Back